Valentine pub, Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Thursday 24 March 2011 1.58pm
Hello SE1 friends!

Does anybody know what will happen to and why the Valentine pub along Long lane is left in that condition of decay and destruction for so long...? It seems to me very strange that nobody has bought that stuff and develop something...

Thank you. Enjoy the sunny days.

Related news & features

Friday 25 March 2011 10.58am
It's a mystery. The breeze blocks went up, the 'Sold' sign went up and then the 'For sale' sign came up again.

All the time the place is getting more and more of a mess.

Does anyone know who owns it?
Friday 25 March 2011 12.40pm
it does. probably a local developer who wants to turn it into the usual rabbit hutch style flats but is having problems raising finance in the current climate.
Friday 25 March 2011 2.27pm
I live next to it and i've seen some rather unsavory looking characters both hopping the fence round the back to get in, and up on the first floor.

It looks very menacing at night with the smashed windows and boarded doors with people (squatters?) roaming around inside.
Friday 25 March 2011 4.06pm
There's always an "exotic" smell wafting out from the top floor when I pass by late at night.
Friday 25 March 2011 5.06pm
yep i live close and seen same as longlane. me thinks it is currently being used as a
den of iniquity.
Monday 28 March 2011 10.52am
A couple of years ago a planning application was put in for redevelopment as a pub/bar with extensive roof terrace and outdoor drinking areas on Long Lane. This was rejected due to the proximity to residential buildings.

Squatters have been living in the Valentine almost permanently for years now.

It is a terrible eye-sore!
Monday 28 March 2011 11.14am
Well than the only conclusion seems that, if a rotten disgusting trashy building like this, is left adrift, than somebody like to keep it that way...
Friday 15 April 2011 5.48pm
A local junkie OD-ed in there about 2 or 3 tears ago. His body was in there for a few days before it was reported.
The license is still live on the pub I think
Friday 15 April 2011 6.55pm
Man..... What a story?!? Is this a Friday eve horror joke?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: