Motorcycle Parking: Garage or off road parking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 March 2011 4.39pm
I live in elephant and castle. I am looking for anyone who might have off road parking space available for a motorcycle. I don't need a whole garage (though I don't mind sharing a garage space with another motorcyclist). I just need the peace of mind that my bike isn't out there exposed to all the elements (and curious kids). There doesn't seem to be anything like this available in the area.
Feed back is definitely appreciated.

Regards
Thursday 24 March 2011 4.44pm
Try the council for a garage. I have one where I live but initially they gave me a garage at Smeaton Court which is some way from my flat, but is down by the Elephant.

There were loads vacant down there and the rent is pretty reasonable, especially when you offset it against the insurance saving you'll make by keeping it locked up inside.

Contact the Library Street neighbourhood office. I think that's where I went, although they might have moved since.

Good luck.
Thursday 24 March 2011 9.21pm
Thanks for the advice mullet. I did get in contact with the council and they informed me a garage would cost at least 80 a week, which I think is a bit steep!
So I guess what Im asking for really is to share a garage with anyone else who has one. Anyone interested?
Thursday 24 March 2011 10.43pm
Hello Jason

More like eighteen, 18.66 a week (if I remember correctly)from Ist April.

Peter
Saturday 26 March 2011 8.40am
Hi Jaison

Peter's right. I paid about 12 a week or a little less but it is rising to around 18 a week from April, a nice, tidy, 50% hike. It's still good value and good peace of mind. Perhaps try them again and ask them to clarify.

Ask for a guy called Andrew Johnson. He dealt with me and was very helpful.

M

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: