Anti-Cuts March 26th March

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Friday 25 March 2011 4.27pm
Is anyone on the march tomorrow?

Related news & features

Friday 25 March 2011 10.22pm
I am!
Friday 25 March 2011 10.29pm
Me too!
Friday 25 March 2011 11.12pm
Well that makes 3 of us! Looks like the media is showing us as a bunch of fire bombing terrorist radicals!
Saturday 26 March 2011 1.53am
I'm afraid I can't go on the march, because I'm not mobile enough and in a lot of pain these days, but I'll be there in spirit. I've been wearing a 26th March badge for the past week and got lots of positive comments from people.

hope the weather keeps nice and you all enjoy the day!
Saturday 26 March 2011 9.19am
Likewise, I'll be there in spirit. Have fun and stay safe.
Saturday 26 March 2011 5.45pm
Great demo, but my feet are aching now. Was thinking of you Auntie Pat when I saw people in wheelchairs, next time we'll get an SE1 contingent to push you.
Saturday 26 March 2011 8.57pm
Great demo and amazing to see so many people from around the country as well as a few friendly faces from Bermondsey!

Let's hope that someone in the government listens to us, but I doubt it.

I wonder whether Simon Hughes was there? I know he detests the Tories and believes in the cause we were marching for, but whether the Lib Dems allow him to attend such marches is another story...
Saturday 26 March 2011 10.21pm
Of course the question is whether you would have marched if a Labour Govt, or Lib Lab coalition, had suggested similar cuts? Which they would have.

If they had not, we would be in the same state as Portugal, pleading for help.

Oddly enough Alistair Darling understood this, which is why, as an honest man, he walked away.

He, and, Simon Hughes, are good friends. Smell the coffee. You may not like the Osborne solution, not sure I do. But there is not much room for manoeuvre.

If you want to march, march against G brown who promised the public sector the earth. ( PS I have spent half my life in the public sector)

My sympathies with those who have/will lose their jobs, I did in 2009, but do look at the realities.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: