Any gardeners in SE1 help me out please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 29 March 2011 3.27pm
Hi
I have 5 large planters on my balcony that have been empty since I bought them about 6 months ago. I'm looking to fill them with plants (and compost obviously!) but don't have a clue about gardening. Is there anyone who could help me out please? Will pay for all plants and materials and labour, but could could do with anyone with gardening experience to help me out please

Or, does anyone know any shops or companies offering a service to deal with patio/balcony containers and planting please?

J
Wednesday 30 March 2011 11.59am
Hi j

I will PM you some details
Wednesday 30 March 2011 12.02pm
Thanks bmovie
Wednesday 30 March 2011 6.44pm
Me too please bmovie. I need some notions for window boxes on a north-facing basement that gets no direct sun.
Wednesday 13 April 2011 6.37pm
Dont know if this is near you but theres a new Plant stall open on Fridays and Saterdays, in the railway arches at voyager business estate in Ness street SE16.
Really helpful family, They have baskets and planters and some lovely plants.
Wednesday 13 April 2011 8.45pm
If you've north facing boxes, look for varigated plants (ones with white bits on the leaves) They'll thrive cos they like little light. Hostas, Ivies. Get plants that actively like that kind of space, rather ones that will only just about cope. Plus plants that'd naturally grow on the groung in woodlands (so, in shade under trees). Bulbs, bluebells even.

I live in apartmenst & we've a fab caretaker/gardener who does freelance. Would recommend him. Let me know if you want his details.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: