Reccommend me a gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 31 March 2011 12.47pm
Ello everyone,

Can anyone reccomend me a gym that has a pool, is clean, and is'nt going to hurt my pocket?
Mostly looking to use the pool, some cardio equipment and the standard supported weight machines.
Not looking for anything too fancy.

I know Top Notch are doing an offer for 42 a month just now but a review of the forums are telling me its dirty and theft prone.

Thanks
Thursday 31 March 2011 3.31pm
There's a swimming pool and gym at Downside on Druid Street. It's 15 a month, I think. There are restrictions on use but I'm not sure what. Phone no: 020 7407 0093

Hope it helps
Becki
Friday 1 April 2011 5.09pm
I really like top notch. Never noticed an issue about cleanliness? Certainly no dirtier than Virgin active at Moorgate, where I was a member previously. They recently changed the lockers to padlock only (which you buy or provide yourself) so I think security will be tighter now too.
Monday 4 April 2011 10.34am
I belong to Fitness First (Cottons) on Tooley Street, which has a pool and have no complaints about safety & cleanliness.
Monday 4 April 2011 10.36am
I use the circle spa on queen Elizabeth street, lovely place, lovely staff!
Monday 4 April 2011 3.05pm
I would highly recommend The Club at the Marriott County Hall.

It isn't a budget option by anyone's standards but it is worth every penny. The pool has natural light too which makes a real difference.
Monday 4 April 2011 4.32pm
I would seriously advise you not to go to Topnotch gym in St Thomas Street. Seems like thefts are a continuing and regular occurrence despite changes to locker security. See thread http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/136705
Tuesday 5 April 2011 8.50am
After visiting 37 degrees, circle spa, fitness first and Soho gyms (where I did some classes) I vouch that The county hall club is absolutely amazing. Luxury and a mostly empty large pool open until 11 pm at nights. Well worth every penny.
GT
Tuesday 5 April 2011 8.51pm
out if interest how much is county hall per month?

Thanks
Thursday 7 April 2011 8.55am
I am also looking for a gym buddy/buddies possibly to go to county hall. Mostly interested in starting swimming. I am an amateur. Do they have swimming classes too? I am free during the week after 730 pm except wednesdays and flexible over the weekends. Will also start gym or other classes. Anyone interested please let me know.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: