Boris and Arnie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 1 April 2011 7.16pm
As much as I love this site, I would like to point out a factual error in this article.

'Mr Johnson invited the governor to take a quick spin on a Barclays Cycle Hire bike.'

'FORMER governor' would correct this error. (and unable to become US president, thankfully but you don't need to point this out :-)

Thank you for your attention ...

Related news & features

Saturday 2 April 2011 8.18am
Isn't cycling banned along there?
Saturday 2 April 2011 8.35am
is it not like the presidency...once you hold the office you keep the title. so its still president carter not ex-president carter etc? using the term governor is therefore correct
Zoe
Saturday 2 April 2011 10.43am
I just asked Mr Zoe who is American and he says that's right, you get to keep your title for ever, even for Governor.
Saturday 2 April 2011 10.46am
That explains a lot :p
Saturday 2 April 2011 11.21am
So what state was Paul Ince gu'vnor for? (gets coat and runs off..)
Saturday 2 April 2011 6.38pm
lullylush wrote:
Isn't cycling banned along there?

Yes, that's what I thought when I saw the story!
Saturday 2 April 2011 9.29pm
boroughpaul, Zoe: I would have no issues with continuing to address Arnie as 'Mr Governor' and thus 'keeping the title,' (as happens with former presidents remaining 'Mr President'). I'm not sure if that's the accepted protocol... Nonetheless, the article gave the impression that he is still the governor. Jerry Brown became governor of California on 3 January 2011. Uhm, again, actually, which means he had probably been 'Governor Jerry Brown' all that time?! *gg* ;-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: