Stolen Pink / Mauve bike :(

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 2 April 2011 2.06pm
Dear All,

I would be SO GRATEFUL if you could let me know if you see my bike.

It's been stolen within the last 2 hours, from outside my front door on Bath Terrace (just off Harper Road).

It's hugely sentimental as I got it for my 14th birthday and I've been riding it for 20 years!

It's pink and mauve, a teen girls raleigh ATB - pretty hideous and rather heavy, certainly NOT cool! To add to it's appeal it had a big wicker basket (resting on a reinforced wheel bracket) on the front and an aluminium rack on the back...

It is vital to me, as I cannot afford public transport, it is my only form of transport other than my feet!

I can offer a 20 reward - which is more than it is worth, if you help me get it back, PLEASE!

Any sightings or information would assist - thank you!

Happy hunting...

Distraught of Bath Terrace
Saturday 2 April 2011 4.45pm
Any photos?
Tuesday 5 April 2011 9.27am
Dear Graham,

Thank you so much for your response! I have tried to reply 3 times, but each time my laptop has frozen, then crashed!! It's all going wrong at once! Why does that happen..?

No, sadly I don't have any photos - never thought to take one, and an extensive online search has been fruitless also...

It had straight black handlebars, a black snake patterned seat and an added black front wheel bracket to support the basket. The pink and the mauve are in aribrushed patches.

A neighbour is pretty sure she saw a mixed raced boy with frizzy hair riding off on it around 2pm. She said he went off through to Rockingham Street and round the back of Harper Rd. I then found the removable seat cover in the estate car park, in the direction she had explained....

Do you know if it's worth me visiting 'recycle' and other bike shops in the area?

I have attempted to contact 'Community Support' team, but the number they gave me is unobtainable! (The number recently printed on a 'look how well we've done' leaflet, ironically!) The Police can do nothing without my frame number, which I didn't even know existed..! I'll know all this for next time, eh?

Anyway, thanks for your concern and I do hope you spy it soon!

Best wishes,
Zuzu
Tuesday 5 April 2011 2.23pm
ZuZu

sorry to hear about your bike

if it is not worth much for the thief to sell on maybe you could put some posters up offering a small reward-you never know one of the little darlings may just "find" it for you!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: