Mattress shops?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 3 April 2011 9.50pm
I'm needing to get a new mattress and spent the morning in Dreams in New Cross. Still not sure about what we want. Does anyone know of a shop they recommend, not too far away?
Monday 4 April 2011 8.37am
Eleanor,
We bought a new Queen size mattress on-line from Sueno.co.uk, it is perfect.
Anything over 499.99 is delivered free, above that costs an additional 30.00.
They kept us up to date with the process by emails and texts and delivered it on time, as they said they would.
Another on-line place is mattressesnextday.co.uk
Monday 4 April 2011 10.47am
Thanks for these ideas, but I'm guessing you weren't able to try them before purchasing, right? I'd love to go to a shop where I can try them.
Monday 4 April 2011 11.45am
These guys are the absolute best - Hand made to order, in London, available from their Camberwell showroom. You will thank me every time you go to bed.
Norris Bedding
Monday 4 April 2011 12.56pm
There's a bed shop been there years in walworth road, almost opposite westmoreland road..cant think of name sorry...
Monday 4 April 2011 1.21pm
It's called "Beds 4 U" Jan - details here.
Monday 4 April 2011 1.31pm
Or Beaumont Beds, next door to the place Jan recommends. We bought a Relyon mattress from their lewisham branch. Lovely mattress even 2.5 years after.
Monday 4 April 2011 8.19pm
EleanorT wrote:
Thanks for these ideas, but I'm guessing you weren't able to try them before purchasing, right? I'd love to go to a shop where I can try them.

True Eleanor, but what we did was to tour the bed stores in Tottenham Court Road, including Dreams, checking prices, appearance, etc.
After narrowing it down to two, I went online and got the one I wanted for 499.99 plus 30.00 delivery charge.
So I had seen and tried the particular one that I bought before clicking "purchase."
They did not carry the one that I wanted in Dreams, but two other stores had it, one at 795.00, the other for considerably more.
Monday 4 April 2011 9.49pm
Try Norris's for handmade by local craftsmen!
Monday 4 April 2011 11.30pm
graham wrote:
Try Norris's for handmade by local craftsmen!

Are you connected to the firm, Graham? It certainly looks like a good place, though I wasn't thinking of stretching that far...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: