Wedding dress alterations needed South London recommendations please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 6 April 2011 9.29am
Hi

Please can anyone recommend someone who does alterations for bridal dresses. I would prefer if it is someone they've used or familiar with. Also based within South London or greater London way as I've had recommendations so far out but would like to keep it local!

It's always good to pass work on to someone who's done a good job.

Thanks
Wednesday 6 April 2011 9.45am
Maybe Susie Stone on Bermondsey Street can help? http://susiestone.com
Wednesday 6 April 2011 10.57am
Thanks James will inquire.
Wednesday 6 April 2011 5.14pm
Susie Stone is lovely and does beautiful clothes - but she doesn't do alterations...she a bespoke couture dress maker.

For my wedding "outfit" (not bridal gown as such) I am using Lena Juan in Berwick street soho (ph 020 7434 9788). She was recommended to me by a couple of the high end fabric shops near there. She does bridal, chinese, "regular" clothes and I'm really happy with what she's doing for me.

I would suggest making an appointment to pop in and talk to her about what you need.

Good luck!
Thursday 7 April 2011 8.11am
Friday 15 April 2011 4.38pm
The dry clearners/dress-maker in London Bridge bus station is where I get my new trousers altered. I was actually there when a girl came for a fitting for her wedding dress
Friday 15 April 2011 5.47pm
Ah thank yo for all your recommendations. I am now using Clarice's suggestion Lena Juan she is great!

Best wishes have a great weekend
X
Monday 4 March 2013 10.03pm
Went to Lena as a result of a reference by one of Berwick Street's may fabric shops. Lena is a dressmaker and not a designer, so had to take may pictures of what I wanted and many "test" fittings took place as a result. Lena was very confident about her ability to deliver what was required, but nearly five months later, I was waiting for a final version of the most simple of wedding dresses.Lena promises a lot, but unfortunately is wholly unreliable and more - go somewhere else if you want what you asked for. Customer service is definitely not on the menu here!!
Thursday 14 January 2016 1.07pm
I went to Alterations Boutique for my wedding dress alterations http://www.alterationsboutique.co.uk/ and they did a great job. I brought a Vera Wang dress to them and they did a perfect work altering it.

I would thoroughly recommend them based on my experience.

Their address is 14 New Quebec Street, London W1H 7RS.

Hope this helps.
Thursday 14 January 2016 10.34pm
I would wholly recommend Wendy Benstead Se14 - I bought my dress very cheaply on the internet & Wendy & team helped turn it into my dream wedding dress. http://www.wendybenstead.com/contact.html
I was a very happy customer.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: