Delfina

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 11 April 2011 9.43am
Went to Delfina on Friday night for dinner - food was lovely and service friendly but it was empty at 7pm when the rest of the bars/restaurants in the street were packed. I'm guessing people forget it as it's only open in the evening on a Friday so thought I'd put a note here to remind everyone.
Monday 11 April 2011 10.20am
I've lived in this area for nearly seven years, and have never been. Apart from the fact that the space seems uninvitingly big, bright, boxy and cavernous, it can't seem to work out whether it wants to be a restaurant or an events venue, which is reflected in its often-erratic opening hours. I'm afraid I'm not tempted in the slightest.
Monday 11 April 2011 3.34pm
Well said Bel.
Tuesday 12 April 2011 6.39am
I went on Friday too, after several month's gap. For me part of the attraction is that there is space between the tables and it is more of a 'grown up' dining experience. That said, have been off alcohol since lent began and so its a struggle to cope with v full, v drunk places. Food was back on form as well. Memorable starter - bloody mary gazpacho like jelly and goats chees panacotta. Service was charming and personable.
Tuesday 12 April 2011 9.01am
Yes Jim, the space between the tables is a welcome change from all the other places on B St. It's a different atmosphere, but nice for a change especially when everywhere else is rammed with people on a sunny evening. As you say the food is lovely & we had a great'bin end' bottle of wine (sorry to rub it in !)
Tuesday 12 April 2011 9.50am
Have been meaning to go there and try the rabbit but never have. I think they layout in there is great!
Tuesday 12 April 2011 10.58am
i think the problem is they seem to think they can operate a restaurant when they like and tell the public when they can eat there,,

what if the other restaurants oprned one day a week?

i guess you wouldnt stand for it?
Tuesday 12 April 2011 6.13pm
The uncertain opening times are irritating but I agree about the joys of the open layout, good food and friendly staff. Thanks for the reminder sarahse1. By the way, anyone had breakfast there lately?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: