There's a man in Tower Bridge Piazza...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 13 April 2011 9.44am
... walking around with a bird of prey. I didn't like to look closely as I had an altercation with some ravens this morning. Is there a display in the area today?
Wednesday 13 April 2011 9.55am
We have a guy who does this by Guy's hospital, but it's to scare the pidgeons away i believe? Don't know if it's the same guy....
Wednesday 13 April 2011 11.58am
Was he carrying a vacuum cleaner as well? I've heard there's an 80's tribute band playing there tonight.....
'Hawk-Kestrel man hoovers in the dark.'

Ooooooh, sorry.
Wednesday 13 April 2011 1.03pm
Kas-75 - might make sense. He looked like he was out with his pet rather than trying to attract the public's interest, so you're probably right

Chalkey
- I'm owl-ing with laughter ;)
Wednesday 13 April 2011 1.14pm
I often used to pass him around 7am on Queen's Walk. Think he is the one they use in Trafalgar Square to get rid of the "flying rats" they have there!

LOL Chalkey!
Wednesday 13 April 2011 1.15pm
It's a red kite aka chickenhawk; short wings to operate well in piazzas. That one was mobbed by crows then seagulls.
Earlier snaps:

Wednesday 13 April 2011 1.17pm
That's the two of them! Thanks Mark
Wednesday 13 April 2011 4.20pm
As I was driving along South Carriage Drive in Hyde Park last week, there was a guy standing outside the new apartment complex next to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, # 1 Hyde Park, with a large bird of prey on his wrist.
It was not the guy in Mark's shots, and the bird was about the size of the eagle that adorns the roof of the U.S. embassy.
He must have had a strong arm to support it.
Wednesday 13 April 2011 4.35pm
Maybe the guy was the prey.
Wednesday 13 April 2011 8.47pm
Chalkey - comedy genius :-)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: