Vets and dog walks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 16 April 2011 10.06pm
Hi, I am just about to move to the Waterloo area with my dog. Can anyone recommend a good local vet and some nice,safe, dog friendly places to walk my dog?
Sunday 17 April 2011 10.33am
I don't think there's one very near Waterloo. I use Andrew Kirby on Grange Road. I would have thought there'd be one nearer to you than that but I can recommend them. They are a bit more expensive than most but worth it.
Zoe
Sunday 17 April 2011 2.50pm
Andrew Kirby is the closest to Waterloo, and it's a very good vet. There's also Goddards in Kennington Road (there's probably not much in it in terms of distance).

Walking isn't great in Waterloo, the river is always nice and there's quite a few parks around, but getting out to somewhere like Southwark Park or Hyde Park is probably the best thing for a good long walk.

I'm quite fond of Peckham Rye, which isn't too difficult to get to from here, and has toilets, parking and a cafe, all essential aspects of a good walk!

Of course, Riohmond Park is always worth the effort for a day out, your dog will have a good sleep after an afternoon in there :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: