Curry Den, Southwark Park Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 19 April 2011 7.54am
Hi,

Donít know if anyone else struggles to find a good Indian restaurant in the Southwark park road area.

We gave the new curry den a try the other night and were so disappointment. We ordered enough for the two of us, which came to about £25! The sag aloo was just three potatoes and a small amount of spinach, the rice was bright yellow and the curry had no taste.

if anyone has any recommendations of local curry houses would really appreciate it
Tuesday 19 April 2011 9.45am
I always use Cafe Nawaz on Snowfields for eating in. And there is a good takeaway on East St, I can't remember the name but it is at the Old Kent Road end, opposite side to the library. There is only one along there and it's on the corner so you can't miss it. That's always good.
Tuesday 19 April 2011 9.51am
I went to Tower Bridge Tandoori on Friday night and picked up a takeaway. It was really really good & very tasty. Highly recommended & they do deliver.
Thursday 21 April 2011 8.21pm
I live pretty much above this and I haven't been. It looks like a kebab shop but is priced like a decent curry house - I couldn't get over that.

I think my favourite curry in SE16 is Cafe Silka, but I tend to go into town - went to the Nepalese opposite Euston Station last night. Brilliant place, though admittedly towards the top end of a sensible budget.

I used to go to Thames Tandoori opposite Waterloo back in the day when it was cheap and cheerful, but haven't been since in rebranded as The Thames, and that's a while ago.
Friday 22 April 2011 10.16am
Bermondsey Tandori is really nice and cheap. They do deliver aswel.
Tuesday 26 April 2011 10.08am
I like the Castle Tandoori in the E&C shopping centre - no frills, very tasty food and good value. The decor is v retro, as are the prices! They also do delivery.
Tuesday 26 April 2011 10.43am
it is like a kebab shop, going to try everyones recommendations so hopefully should have a perfect indian take away soon

s x
Wednesday 27 April 2011 8.28am
The Hutch wrote:
I always use Cafe Nawaz on Snowfields for eating in. And there is a good takeaway on East St, I can't remember the name but it is at the Old Kent Road end, opposite side to the library. There is only one along there and it's on the corner so you can't miss it. That's always good.

Try - Rajah Tandoori & Curry
342 East Street - SE17 2SX Walworth

Opening hours
Wednesday: 17:30 - 23:30
Thursday: 17:30 - 23:30

http://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-rajah-curry-walworth/menu

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: