Crown Jewels

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 April 2011 8.09am
Wanted to go to the tower of london, apart from the entrance fee is there a charge for viewing the crown jewels?
Monday 25 April 2011 9.27am
Nope. It's included, as are the guided tours if you want to join one. I prefer to chat with the warders.
When you buy your tickets if you pay 10% more through gift aid you get a years free entry. Check I've got this right with them. I did it a couple of years ago. It was really good to be able to just drop by.
Most important, find the biggest raven and say 'good morning Thor' to him. If you've got the right one he'll say 'good morning' back.
Monday 25 April 2011 9.32am
Never got round to visiting the Tower. Must find out when the quietest time is, probably in the middle of winter on a really bleak day. I wonder if the jewels displayed there are replicas or the genuine article.
http://www.hrp.org.uk/TowerOfLondon/Faqs.aspx
Monday 25 April 2011 9.38am
Do go, phoney. It's great.
forgot to say- there's a lot there. There isn't time in a day to have a proper look at everything. Take lunch with you because the food you can buy there is rubbish and expensive.
Monday 25 April 2011 9.59am
Smashing Beetroot, especially about the 10% gift aid.

We are all now debating whether to get cab to the Tower or Whitehall to see the guard! :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: