Handyman needed for TV appearance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 May 2011 4.41pm
Hello,

I am a producer for ITV's Daybreak and I'm putting together a collection of short films that will broadcast on Daybreak at the end of May. The theme is Transforming Your Home and within the VTs we want to give our viewers a guide to DIY in and around the home.

Has anyone used a great builder or painter and decorator that did a great job and had a sparkling personality? Rather than use a presenter, we really want to use an everyday person that can explain how easy or how tricky DIY jobs are.

If you know of anyone, please do drop me a message to brett.lawrence@itv.com

Many thanks,

Brett Lawrence
Friday 6 May 2011 12.32pm
Hi Brett

Last year I used a local SE1 building company that did a fabulous renovation in my small flat. They have done fabulous things for others too! I won't say too much more as I guess it's best to speak to him directly etc. I have already contacted Brendan to let him know that I am passing on his details to you.

Phone 0793 8519866 or 00 353 87 2264416
brendan@pace.ie

Kind regards
Friday 6 May 2011 2.59pm
surely DIY is about Doing It Yourself (rather than paying a handyman to come in and do it for you), so I would imagine that you're really after someone who's done a lot of DIY themselves, and found it easy (because those that didn't find it easy, didn't do it again and got someone in).
However, with all the regulations around now, most things you can't do yourself, and still comply with building regs if you then want to sell your house.

anything electrical needs a qualified, certified electrician to sign off on it to say that it's safe, and that'll cost you more to get the cert than paying a spark to come and do it and certify it himself. fewer and fewer people were bothering until recently when money starts to be an issue, and now there are lots more people doing DIY, and bodging it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network