Buying Plants in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 9 May 2011 10.47am
Does anyone know where I can buy inexpensive herb, fruit and vegetable plants in SE1 or the surrounding area? I've tried B&Q but they only have cabbage! I'm propogating some stuff off but it would be useful to get some tomatoes and herbs in now.

Monday 9 May 2011 10.55am
Try East St flower and plant market every Sunday, not SE1 but not far.... it's a good place for bargains especially nr closing time (about 1 or 2pm). It's in the middle of the market, down Blackwood St.
Monday 9 May 2011 11.09am
Thanks very much. I knew they did flowers, I didn't know they did foodie items. We're just trying to get the allotment stocked!
Monday 9 May 2011 11.15am
Bourne who used to be the fruit wholesaler at borough has set up a plant and herb sales plot on saturdays on fearn street. If you go along int eh next few weeks, he will be joinned by few other ex-borough traders
Monday 9 May 2011 11.18am
I buy my herb plants from borough market stall on the right hand side of Stoney street not sure what it is called, near to where elsie and bent used to be. 2 pots for 6 very good quaility. In fact I find it hard to pass this place with out picking up a plant or two there always seems to be something of good value there.
Monday 9 May 2011 11.43am
Mick for fruit & veg, and John for plants at The Blue, Southwark Park Road. Tell them Graham sent you.
Monday 9 May 2011 12.03pm
If you're prepared to leave SE1 then I find Homebase in Wandsworth Town (a short hop out of Waterloo) or the garden centre in Camden near the tube to be worth the trip.
Monday 9 May 2011 1.26pm
Surrey Docks City Farm used to sell veg plants.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 9 May 2011 1.48pm
There's a plant stand in the Blue market that at this time of year has lots of vegetable plants - all quite cheap.

Edit - sorry, didn't see Graham's post above.
Monday 9 May 2011 2.43pm
That's wonderful. See I knew I could get some sensible, helpful answers. I'll have to try them out!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: