Good restaurants on a Sunday evening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 16 May 2011 1.18pm
Hello, We went for a walk last night after 8pm and were surprised by how many of our favourite restaurants are shut on a sunday evening (Zucca, Suchard). Can anyone recommend any good ones for future? Borough/London Bridge/Bermondsey

We ended up in DIm T by city hall and it was a bit bland. There also arent that many great takeaways either. We didnt fancy pub grub...
Monday 16 May 2011 1.25pm
I can recommend Hing Lee - they do a buffet on Sunday. Used to be £8 for all you can eat, 12-2 but please check with them as I have not been for a while.

And around the corner is the great Lovage - they are open on a Sunday 12-2.30 then again from 6-11.30
Monday 16 May 2011 2.25pm
I enjoy both The Bermondsey Square Hotel [Alfie's] and DelA'ziz,either in the square or Bankside.

Alfie's has a new chef and, finally, a very good 'no frills' menu.[They accept Taste Card, too :-)]

DelA'Ziz has a Morrocan menu - but they also do an excellent Burger and salad with fries, for around £10.

Bon appetite! :p
Monday 16 May 2011 4.10pm
Cheers - has dela'ziz got better then? When it first opened it was not that great...it seems full but always assumed the people there werent local.
Monday 16 May 2011 4.30pm
Always think Cote at the end of Hay's Galleria is a good bet.
Tuesday 17 May 2011 10.28am
Goldsmiths Arms seem to do food well into the evening. However only eaten there on sunday arvos.
Every time a winner tho.
Tuesday 17 May 2011 11.56am
Lenos Y Carbon is very good and I believe is open on a Sunday. Good South American food!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/664/leños-and-carbón
Tuesday 17 May 2011 12.00pm
I would suggest Hiba, the lebanese restaurant on Borough High street next to Costa Cafe and the Roxy bar.

After living for years in Edgware road, the mecca of middle eastern food, I have to say that it beats them all.

Hope it keeps up to the standard.
Tuesday 17 May 2011 2.33pm
I really enjoyed DelA'Ziz. Only been there once though.
Tuesday 17 May 2011 2.47pm
I find the food at DelAziz is OK, but service (at both B Sq and at Blue Fin) is laughably slow.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: