Jose up and running

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 21 May 2011 7.17pm
Jose Pizarro's eponymous tapas bar in bermondsey street is open and was doing a brisk trade this afternoonn with the boss in attendance...a welcome addition to se1
Sunday 22 May 2011 12.15am
Yes, good to see it 'open', after all the hard work. They are having two weeks of 'soft opening' - with 50% off the food menu!

Rather pleasant for my Birthday :p
Sunday 22 May 2011 2.47pm
a nice beer there on friday night the place looks small but tastefully done done
Monday 23 May 2011 8.04pm
Yayay! I walked by it tonight but it looked like the workmen were still in there - although I could see the hams hanging up!

Better get down there before the Tapas Brindisa set discover where it is!!!
Monday 6 June 2011 12.48pm
I went to Jose on Friday night and had a fantastic night. There was a bit of a wait for a table but Herve, who runs the front of house, was really friendly and helpful in finding space. The food was very fresh and tasty and not overly priced but the main selling point is definitely the atmosphere, I could have been in Barcelona.

A proper Spanish tapas bar and a great addition to Bermondsey Street.

(no connection, just a very happy customer)
Tuesday 7 June 2011 11.32pm
You lot are making me v hungry. Blast !
Wednesday 8 June 2011 11.03am
It was absolutely packed on Saturday night. Fantastic addition to the area.

Could someone remind me what's going on with his sherry venture?
Thursday 30 June 2011 12.54pm
Dissenting voice here: the place is pretty ugly (OK, plain), it is totally jammed with suits and the food is London Tapas Average (TM).

I have eaten tapas in Barcelona and elsewhere and this is *not* the same. A good comparator would be Spuntino in soho - which is a genuinely exciting place to be and (although not actually tapas), serves small plates which are delicious (amazing in fact).

Donít get me wrong here, it is better than, say, a Chicken Cottage branch, but it is just a bit so so, and in another part of town would be half-empty.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: