Giant billboard at E&C

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 22 May 2011 7.14pm
Sorry to hear the GIANT billboard on Draper House has been cancelled. Was looking forward to a huge Time Square-esq Beckham/Marky Mark in Calvin Klein underware ad. Or for those who prefer, a wonder bra ad.
The building does need a makeover.

Related news & features

Monday 23 May 2011 10.29am
Haha, yes, I was keen too - it was always intended to have one, but apparently it's dangerous for the cars (maybe they should slow down and concentrate).

Anyone know when the refurb is starting? It got planning permission last year I think.
Monday 23 May 2011 4.04pm
Refurbishment has been imminent for years.... Apart from the planning permission granted in 2006 a revised one was granted this February I think.
Friday 28 October 2011 11.58am
Friday 28 October 2011 12.12pm
That must be about the 5th application if not the 6th over the years for the same thing. Traditionally - but not always - it was eventually granted on appeal.

I'd be much happier however if LBS could actually get their act together and start scaffolding to Draper House and commence long over due refurbishment rather than concentrating and faffing around with other bits!
I'm completely exasperated at the lack of progress and how there is no communication from LBS as to what and when things are happening......
Friday 28 October 2011 12.20pm
They have been in negotiation with us over the use of the car-park and it looks like equipment is being stored beneath the adjacent block - I think things will actually be starting soon.
Friday 28 October 2011 2.51pm
Thanks James. But starting soon is simply not good enough as I've been actively chasing this for years! To be precise since 2006 when refurbishment works had to be postponed due to construction of Strata Tower next door.

I did ask the project manager at time of planning application in December 2010 if all arrangements have been made and agreed with Strata over use of service yard and I was told this was the case, but obviously it wasn't as works should have started
July 2011 - but still no sign of scaffolding to date well over a year since Strata was completed.

I'm sure refurbishment of Draper House is also in interest of Strata residents. I've seen an entire floor of apartments and know how grim the view onto a dilapidated Draper House is.....
Friday 28 October 2011 2.54pm
Oh yes, didn't mean to suggest anyone should be happy about it!

Our management have assured me they are doing everything possible to help.
Friday 28 October 2011 2.57pm
I've been speaking to Strata management too - there one gets a clear response within one day. Write to LBS and it's a whole different matter....
The longer I live in Southwark the more I think no-one at the council actually knows what they are doing!
Friday 28 October 2011 4.41pm
Good Point TAK

Im sure you are not alone in thinking that!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: