Removal Men/Company

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 May 2011 10.49am
Can anyone reccommend a good local removal company? I am currently living just off Tooley Street.

Monday 23 May 2011 10.56am
I'd be happy to recommend 0800 move-me - call Julian for a quote.
Monday 23 May 2011 11.21am
rocketvan, based in Union Street SE1. website doesn't seem to be fully up and running yet but has contact info on it. Had a (very reasonable) quote from them recently, but haven't used them yet because of change of plans.
Monday 23 May 2011 12.08pm
I'd hugely recommend Rocket Van, They are local and were great in my move last year.
Monday 23 May 2011 7.35pm
Where are you moving to, Button? Reason I'm asking is that removal costs do vary, depending on area. If you're staying in the southeast then they're probably much of a muchness, but if your relocating to what may be a less expensive area, then it's worth getting a quote from a firm where you're moving to. I did this some years ago and saved my mother-in-law 300.
Monday 23 May 2011 9.24pm
Yes, out of London companies have out of London fixed costs, wages, insurance, offices... but make sure you give them proper directions, and make proper provision for their loading/parking spaces. They may struggle with stairs, and lifts, and getting furniture through doorways tho'.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: