Pub with outside space

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 23 May 2011 5.16pm
hi all

looking for recommendations for local pubs with outside space - ie beer garden or patio.

It is for a private party to celebrate our wedding. We would prefer them to offer some kind of catering but that isn't a necessity. Thanks

Monday 23 May 2011 5.49pm
The Bermondsey Sq hotel has a patio area and bar upstairs-don't know what your price range is?
Monday 23 May 2011 6.22pm
The Woolpack on Bermondsey street has an outside terrace. I hate the pub as it's usually full of the after-work crowd, who are generally unpleasant, but if it were at a weekend, you may be able to reserve the patio area out the back, and it's much nicer at weekends.
Monday 23 May 2011 7.06pm
Depends where you wish to be..

The Woolpack as somebody suggested has a big garden, the Britannia in Kipling street. Smaller garden but nice food..

If you like something different check the Quecum Bar in Battersea, but I guess this is somewhere else...
Monday 23 May 2011 9.33pm
thanks guys

the bermondsey square hotel has a minimum fee of 2k which is waay over our budget. Looking to spend not very much would prefer no hire fee and just a minimum spend!

Will check out The Woolpack and The Britannia thanks

Monday 23 May 2011 9.41pm
Hi Alex,

Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding.

The Crown, Blackfriars Bridge Road, might meet your requirements. It doesn't normally open on a Saturday, but BigPhil's a helpful chap.

Tuesday 24 May 2011 9.15am
Rose & Crown in Colombo Street (off Blackfriars Road). They have a really nice garden which is part of the park around the church. Again, don't normally open on weekends, but might for a private hire. Worth a try anyway.
Tuesday 24 May 2011 10.03am
The Ship, corner of Borough Road and BHS, has a nice outside space.
Tuesday 24 May 2011 10.20am
I remembered that the George Inn in BHS has a big outside space..

Is the oldest tudor style pub in the area but I am not sure about food quality and hiring...
Tuesday 24 May 2011 10.27am
Jack's Bar on Isabella Street, just behind Southwark Tube station has a nice outdoor area.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: