SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 42 of 43
Thursday 19 February 2009 5.21pm
Just a thought - but isn't there a great big cavanous gap in the market and a massive opportunity for someone to start up a postal service that delivers in the early mornings and evenings?
Thursday 19 February 2009 6.30pm
Re Mini Haha:
"Just a thought - but isn't there a great big cavanous gap in the market and a massive opportunity for someone to start up a postal service that delivers in the early mornings and evenings?"

If you have been reading the previous 41 pages, I think you will see there is a "cavernous gap" for a postal service that simply delivers !
Friday 20 February 2009 11.37am
Indeed I have read them all - and I note your comment about any delivery! Admittedly, I'm more concerned with the possibility of early morning and evening deliveries as they would be helpful to me (and perhaps all others who work away from their home).

So I still hope against all hope that someone will grap the opportunity and start up such a service - perhaps calling it a Postal Service!
Monday 1 March 2010 3.14pm
Mini Haha wrote:
Indeed I have read them all - and I note your comment about any delivery! Admittedly, I'm more concerned with the possibility of early morning and evening deliveries as they would be helpful to me (and perhaps all others who work away from their home).
So I still hope against all hope that someone will grap the opportunity and start up such a service - perhaps calling it a Postal Service!
well, funnily enough, that's what the royal mail was setup to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday 2 March 2010 7.14am
not only was the post and immediately pre-xmas period a disaster with our postman on leave we suffered casuals and 4 'lost' packets (two recorded), first class mail up to 10 days late etc - normal service you could say.
but now the vastly expensive 'special delivery' is also becoming 'not at all special' nor a delivery!

last year, one item i sent just wasn't tracked although it did arrive.

now i had a delivery card claiming a delivery attempt last month on a tuesday. it never happened. the card came wednesday courtesy of the postman. a redelivery booked for friday never happened - finally came the following monday.

and the RM response to a complaint on their 'guaranteed' next day delivery service? 'get stuffed' or more precisely 'get really stuffed'.

you'd think a refund would be appropriate and simpler.
Thursday 4 March 2010 9.21am
What finally did it for me and RM was when they lost my driving licence last October. Yes it was sent to the Police for endorsing...oops...and they did do it and posted it back. It hasn't been seen since. The Police washed their hands of it, and rightly so, giving me full details of them sending it back and documentary evidence the RM had picked it up for redelivery back to me. So I have now asked RM via their complaints and compensation scheme to refund the cost of a new licence. It seems that that now appears to have gone astray!!! The whole service is a joke. The sooner they are all sacked...not paid off but sacked for gross incompetence...the better. Let's all go digital and use email for everything except parcels, where there are a load of reliable delivery alternatives.
Sunday 14 March 2010 12.33am
Far be it for me to impune (?) the professionalism of the PO, but
Post Office "caught cheating"
Tuesday 16 March 2010 12.59pm
I couldn't work out what was going on until I read some of the thread on this issue. I get angry complaints from people - sometimes they go to the extent of writing to the press to say what a bad ineffcient politician I am for not replying to thier letter of x months ago. But the truth is that my office is very well organised and everything that comes in gets dealt with by me and my 3 great team. There seems to be a noticable amount of post in SE1 that just doesn't turn up and I only find out about it because constituents send an email or a second letter. Many of the people who contact me by post now are pensioners and are not well off - so doing their casework proerly is especially important to me. I have also had trouble with my party political freepost which I collect from the Co-Op office on Weston street. There's always a few which are not intended for me at all and I have to put them back in the post. Its time I got on this case with you
Thursday 22 July 2010 4.52pm
This is to report back that after compiling details of complaints from 15 residents and debating with the Royal mail by post ! I have now got a meeting with the manager of the post depot for the SE1 area just after my summer holidays. I know they will say that they had problems because of temporary staff blah blah, but if anyone is still having severe problems with post deliveries now then let me know as I need to go in with the up to date evidence as ammunition for demanding action. Valerie.Shawcross@london.gov.uk
Thursday 22 July 2010 6.13pm
It's just utterly, utterly rubbish. I no longer have mail delivered to SE1, nor do I post it in SE1. Parcelforce are just as bad, something got sent to my SE1 address (by mistake) and they sent it back for reasons best known to themselves as "not known here".

Simon Hughes to achieve something several years ago, and nothing ever changed. I wish you luck.

Any information I have is purely anecdotal, as it is entirely lacking in proof. But post regularly turns up that has been delayed by weeks or months. I just cannot imagine where it gets hidden for this length of time.

And as for the paid post-forwarding service, well you might as well not bother.
Current: 42 of 43

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: