SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 43
HC
Friday 4 June 2004 11.38am
Just to reassert that this is not only an SE1 phenonmena, as we know, I recently moved from SE1 to Wapping where it takes 3-4 days for a first class letter to arrive and packages are routinely turning up slashed / opened. Another email to Mr Phelan methinks.
Friday 4 June 2004 2.03pm
I contacted Tony Phelan regarding my stolen cheque book this morning and have already received an e-mail response, assuring me that the matter is being looked into. Clearly he seems to take this matter seriously, which is reassuring. I will give you an update if and when I have any more news.
Saturday 5 June 2004 12.07pm
Thanks for posting the email address hat. I thought my postal service had settled down, but a tasty looking envelope containing theatre tickets has arrived tampered with today.
Lin
Monday 7 June 2004 9.03pm
2nd class package arrived postmark 13th May yesterday in E1
Friday 18 June 2004 10.37am
Cheque book ordered 5 weeks ago - not arrived, so cancelled it 2 weeks ago and ordered another one.

The second one hasn't arrived either, so have cancelled & arranged to go to pick it up.

& have emailed Messrs Phelan & Porter with details.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18 June 2004 12.52pm by Mapmaker.
Monday 21 June 2004 8.55am
Over the last three weeks I have been getting mail (using my correct address) for a Mr Obikwu. I'm told that my address might be being used as a ruse for someone to claim housing benefit. I have emailed Mr Phelan and he is looking into it.
Tuesday 22 June 2004 9.14am
I have all my post sent to my employers office in the City, my son has his post sent to his employer's office also. We have done so for a couple of years now. We have lost so much in SE1, letters that we know have been sent have and have never arrived, passports (2) gone missing, birth certificates (2) gone missing, cheques and my bank card which was used to buy computer equipment. I have even posted an envelope to myself from Tower Bridge Road, it has never arrived.

I am of the opinion that there are two people out there with my two sons identity. So to cover their position as regards applying for credit, they both have their credit reference file passworded so that credit can only be obtained by use of the password.

Tuesday 22 June 2004 9.54am
Yesterday I was opening the post in our office - there was a press release from Oxo Tower Wharf about an exhibition in November/December 2002 - sure enough, it was postmarked 5 November 2002 and had taken 18 months to get from Upper Ground to Blackfriars Road...

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 22 June 2004 12.33pm
The chequebook I mentioned as having gone missing has now been in use.

14,907 payable to Miss A K Smith-Edwards dated 14 June
24,816 payable to Mrs V L Fraser dated 12 June.

Fortunately the bank (Hoare & Co) sent them back unpaid. They suggested I should get a crime reference number. This contrasts to HSBC who told me before Christmas not to bother.

Whom do you suggest I should contact in the police for this?
rm
Tuesday 22 June 2004 12.47pm
Just go in and ask at the reception in any police station. They will either give you a reference number, or direct you to the appropriate person.
Current: 10 of 43

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network