SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 43
Monday 5 July 2004 11.02am
Just thought I'd mention that the chequebook that I was expecting to replace the one stolen in the post six weeks ago... has been stolen in the post. I have contacted Tony Phelan again, and I await his response.
Monday 5 July 2004 12.23pm
I think we should all meet up for a drink to celebrate the arrival through the post of a chequebook of mine!
Monday 5 July 2004 1.29pm
Now you've got a chequebook, I assume you'll be paying :0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 5 July 2004 1.50pm
No, because nowhere in SE1 accepts chequebooks, owing to the high incidence of chequebook fraud. See e.g. Comet, OKR, large notices saying that cheques are not accepted.
Monday 5 July 2004 2.17pm
Mine's a Pervy!
Tuesday 6 July 2004 11.18pm
See the c**** thread Mappy. Are you up for a steak pud (strictly ecclesiastical) and c**** on Wednesday (today)?

Back on subject - I received my regular jiffy bag of (medical) pills from Spain this week - open and not particularly full. Not the usual postman. When postman's attention was drawn to the shortcoming, he asked "Are they dangerous?", which did make me wonder why he was so interested.
Friday 9 July 2004 10.03am
I would have been had I been in town. Sorry!
Tuesday 13 July 2004 1.32pm
even the bbc has picked it up.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/news/post_090704.shtml
sent an email to watchdog, but no reply so far.

keep you posted.
schnake
Tuesday 13 July 2004 2.30pm
I have been waiting for a wedding invitation to arrive for the last three weeks - which I need to make my travel arrangements (the wedding is in Montreal).

The bride finally sent out another copy by international registered post. It arrived in my mailbox today, although no-one signed for it, with the corner ripped off and the small pack of sugared almonds inside removed [aside - why would you put sugared almonds in with the invite ?].

I'm assuming that gives a good clue to the fate of the first one.
Tuesday 13 July 2004 2.32pm
Be careful of those Mounties, Harriet.

...if you press it, they will come.
Current: 12 of 43

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network