SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 43 of 43
Tuesday 10 August 2010 3.08pm
another 'while you were out' card.

still, other parcels left for neighbours out in the open and I get a 'while you were out card'.

I WAS IN!!!!!!!

argh.

so, who would like to help organise a mass demonstration outside 'royal' mail HQ in cental London about this rather ridiculous lack of post and service?
TAK
Wednesday 11 August 2010 12.10am
I'm in if it's on a saturday in august....
Wednesday 11 August 2010 12.33pm
well, six months of the post arriving daily ...
and no lost items!!
Wednesday 11 August 2010 1.42pm
At least you lucky people are getting While you were out -cards. Though it seems to be Parcelforce that is guilty every time now around here. I now am convinced they do not even try to deliver in my block, but take the items directly to a Post Office, seems like most often Borough High Street, which is by no means the nearest here, and expect us to go and queue up and ask for eventual items. This happens especially with parcels from abroad, that get a separate tracking number when they arrive in the UK. So when you have no card from them there is no way to track them either, and the parcels get sent back after 14 days in the Post Office. I do despair.
Wednesday 11 August 2010 2.07pm
well good news for me; had a visit by managers to discuss this silly business, so they are taking it seriously and do want to get the 'service' back up to what it really should be. That's positive.
Friday 13 August 2010 12.44pm
Aghhhh. Got the dreaded You were out card hidden inside a bundle of letters. Item too big for the letterbox. Not only was I in but the front door is wide open as there are builders coming in and out all day!!! The cheek of them. Would appreciate to get names or phone numbers where to complain from others.

And in the other missing parcel issue, Parcelforce was holding it at their depot (I assume, as they did respond to a redelivery demand). Not that they bothered sending me any indication that they were holding something for me and would have probably soon sent it back. Neither did the box have any signs of previous attempted delivery, but the sticker on it says "Correlation date Wed, 14 Jul" whatever that means.

Edited to add - the card is actually dated yesterday at 8.30! Arrived today 12.30.
Friday 13 August 2010 12.53pm
nelson_ wrote:
"Correlation date Wed, 14 Jul" whatever that means.

Was it a parcel from abroad? Correlation is usually the point where a parcel sent from abroad (which will have the sending parcel company's tracking number) gets a UK tracking number added/linked to it so it can be traced through the delivery system.
Friday 13 August 2010 1.00pm
truthmonkey wrote:
nelson_ wrote:
"Correlation date Wed, 14 Jul" whatever that means.

Was it a parcel from abroad? Correlation is usually the point where a parcel sent from abroad (which will have the sending parcel company's tracking number) gets a UK tracking number added/linked to it so it can be traced through the delivery system.

Yes it was, thanks. Of course I had no way of knowing the UK tracking number, but the redelivery system luckily recognised the original foreign tracking number too.
Monday 11 November 2013 1.57pm
New thread needed
Last posting here is more than 3 years old.
Almost 10 years since oroginal thread started.
I've been having problems for most of that time and several issues still unresolved.
Privatization seems to have made no difference.
Monday 11 November 2013 2.48pm
There's a more recent 74-page thread here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/134133

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Current: 43 of 43

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network