SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 43
Tuesday 11 May 2004 9.01pm
hat
you're not only a star you're a celeb now too!

also...no 'mis-delivered' items for weeks now - hoorah!
Wednesday 12 May 2004 9.09am
i just had a reply from tony phelan by email saying that the complaint i made to postwatch in march is not on their records, eventhough i have a ref number.
he seems very helpful and the matter is taken further now.

just in case you were wondering why you haven't heard from them and where the investigation into your missing post was going...

CELEB indeed you are hat. without you we would still be waiting for godot.

kristina

Wednesday 12 May 2004 10.18am
Posted several hundred items, first class, Tuesday 4th May in Grange Road, to various addresses in the UK. They arrived on the Friday & Saturday; all unfranked. The only franked one was my mother's birthday card (guess how popular that was arriving late...), franked SLMC Surrey.
Wednesday 12 May 2004 10.53am
Ordered train tickets yesterday lunchtime, arrived 7:30 this morning.
Amazed.
hat
Wednesday 12 May 2004 2.55pm
Thanks all - it's a collective effort really, and if it makes our post work, then it's all worth it...
ps. and especially thanks to lovely Maurits, who gave me a beautiful plant as a thank you...

Post edited (12 May 04 15:40)
hat
Wednesday 12 May 2004 4.30pm
Police Investigation:

Please email your details to richard.porter@southwark.gov.uk including your name and telephone number, so the police will contact you and can start to investigate the thefts occuring with our mail. I am emailing people who's contact details I already have, but especially if you have new items missing - or did not want to pass on your details before, now is the time to do it. The more examples the Police have, the stronger the case for acting on the evidence is.
Thanks,
Hat
Thursday 13 May 2004 12.08am
The present for Hat was on behalf of everyone on the SE1 forum-- just a small acknowledgement for splendid work and commitment! Again: a big thank you for fab hat!
Friday 14 May 2004 11.11am
Following the non-delivery of a credit card statement, my bank statement and a telephone bill in April I thought I'd do a little research on the Internet into problems with the Royal Mail in South London. And lo and behold here you all are! At least I know I'm not alone. Good luck with your campaign :-)
Friday 14 May 2004 1.58pm

SE22

Keep a very close eye on your bank accounts and credit rating, as it sounds possible that your identity could be "cloned" from those documents.

It has happened to a couple of people I know. You may want to call your bank and get them to make a note on the system...

Regards,

Loafer
hat
Friday 14 May 2004 3.29pm
The same problems are occuring across London - complain to postwatch and your local sorting office; hopefully the more complaining we do, wherever we live, the more the Royal Mail will have to do about improving their security...

Post edited (14 May 04 16:34)
Current: 7 of 43

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network