SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 43
Friday 14 May 2004 3.43pm
Thanks for the advice loafer and hat. I'll do that.

Separate to your own police investigation which I wasn't aware of at the time, I also asked Southwark police to make a note on their system (for my own protection) in anticipation that someone may attempt to use my "missing" documents to perpetrate some kind of fraud or deception in my name.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but the Police suggested www.cifas.org.uk/ as a useful safeguard against fraud.

Thanks again.
Monday 17 May 2004 3.33pm
Did anyone else see this at the weekend...

"Royal Mail has given 5m to its workers in a morale-boosting campaign, most of which has been used to buy wide-screen TVs and other perks in the company's offices."

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/story.jsp?story=521684

I'm torn between thinking it's a good idea to motivate those staff who undoubtedly work their butts off (my regular postie being one of them), and wondering whether perks like this aren't most likely to be used by those who aren't quite so dedicated ?

[Edited to improve sense upon rereading]

Post edited (17 May 04 16:36)
Monday 17 May 2004 3.44pm
Non-delivered recorded delivery item. Cheque sent out by way of compensation. No sign of cheque...
Sunday 23 May 2004 8.57am
seems somebody has tried to pay a credit card cheque in my name for well over 3000... thing is, i don't actually possess a 'credit card cheque book' and never have... not exactly sure they existed!

having spoken to my card company yesterday it seems this may have
gone missing in the... wait for it... post and is now under investigation by the card company.

i will await further details from card company before emailing richard.porter[at]southwark.gov.uk (thanks for this hat) for the police investigation...

Sunday 23 May 2004 7.01pm
I was interested to hear about the dodgy postal service in our area. I had my passport go missing in the post at the end of last year on its way back from the DVLA. I ended up having to get (and pay for) a new one, but the most worrying thing is that someone out there has my old passport...
Monday 24 May 2004 11.07am
Well, if they're nicking postal deliveries how long is a wide screen TV going to last?

"I knew I was cured"
Monday 24 May 2004 11.21am
They didn't say where they got it from.....
hat
Monday 24 May 2004 2.37pm
If you're worried about credit card cheques - which cc companies send out on spec hoping you'll use them and forget it all adds onto your credit card Balance - you can ring your cc provider and ask for them not to send any to you. I got sent some the other day (to my old - non SE1 address) and they look like they are just so easy to abuse...

I'm also still waiting to hear from Tony Phelan about the big residents meeting. I know he was waiting until he had all the info about when the 1 delivery a day would start, but hopefully we should be able to meet with him soon...

Hat
Monday 24 May 2004 5.26pm
thanks for advice hat... done already!
this was a new credit card so wasn't expecting any cheques

Tuesday 25 May 2004 8.40am
Evening Standard online leads with "Third World Postal Service"...

Sound familiar anyone ?

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/10946571?source=Evening%20Standard

Current: 8 of 43

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network