Birds of SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Wednesday 25 May 2011 4.09pm
Seeing a pair of goldfinches by the river at Bermondsey Wall West yesterday prompts me to gather a few images of SE1 birds:

Goldfinch at Bermondsey Wall West:

Grey Wagtail in St Saviour's Dock:

Greylag Goose on the South Bank:

Chickenhawk in Tower Bridge Piazza:

Pigeon in Tower Bridge Piazza:

Cormorant at Bermondsey Wall West (golden oldie):

Send your parakeets this way!

(More bird photographs from a garden window in New Jersey)
Wednesday 25 May 2011 5.33pm
Excellent! - some great pics there mate.
Wednesday 25 May 2011 5.34pm
Lovely photo's but as a avid birdwatcher myself the Chickenhawk is not an English bird.

it looks more like a Redkite or another bird of prey.
Wednesday 25 May 2011 5.59pm
perhaps it is a captive bird being used to scare off the pigeons
Wednesday 25 May 2011 6.40pm
Great shots Mark.

I have 4 great tits, 2 blue tits, 2 blackbirds, 1 goldfinch and two extremely messy collared doves scoffing the fat balls i put out on my 5th floor balcony off TBR. Haven't managed to persuade the lone parakeet in Tanner St Grdns to visit yet (perhaps he's looking for something a bit more tropical than a lump of suet... may be a can of Lilt?)
Wednesday 25 May 2011 10.18pm
Great shots.
Wednesday 25 May 2011 11.36pm
Lovely pictures. I currently have a large wood pigeon nesting in the tree outside my window - I wonder if it's the same one as in previous years.
Thursday 26 May 2011 4.06pm
Would be great to know what that hawk/bird of prey is. First saw one over Potters Field and perched on St Olaves, where it was being mobbed by the crows.

Walking past Tower Of London then saw two perched on the drains coming off the battlements so fairly certain they are wild.

Think too small for red kites.........I need my mother she would have known like a shot

But terrific photos

Btw has anyone else noticed the return of starlings which at one time seemed to have vanished
Thursday 26 May 2011 4.35pm
yes, noticed that a flock of starlings seems to have returned to Potters Fields recently
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: