Quiz Nights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 26 May 2011 8.17pm
Hi there

I'm new to the area - are there any good pub quizzes around SE1 that anyone can recommend?

Many thanks!
Friday 27 May 2011 7.02am
the dean swift has a regular/ popular quiz that's been going for years on sunday evenings, from 8 pm

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/207/the-dean-swift
Friday 27 May 2011 7.06pm
The quiz every Tuesday from 7.30pm at the Libertine, Great Suffolk Street, is pretty good. And the pizza they serve is delicious!

A.
Monday 30 May 2011 7.06pm
spacedogs wrote:
the dean swift has a regular/ popular quiz that's been going for years on sunday evenings, from 8 pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/207/the-dean-swift

Is the Dean Swift pub quiz still going? I was in there last night (Sunday) and there was no quiz. I had not been there since Christmas time and it looks like it may be under new management. Expensive beers and grub. The place was full so it must be doing something right. However, without the quiz, which was a really good one, it's just another overpriced boozer.
Tuesday 31 May 2011 9.19am
may have been because it was a bank holiday weekend, they usually mean no quiz, or big sporting events as they show them on the screen, i can confirm they are still on, as i am on the mailing list, although i havn't been for over a year
Monday 6 June 2011 11.29am
We're now running regular quizzes at the Three Stags in Kennington Road on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month - 3 per person to enter, cash prizes and great food to keep you going through the evening. Sign up at the bar or email miketully@tiscali.co.uk
Monday 12 December 2011 5.46pm
I am launching a new Pub Quiz at the Grand Union, 111, Kennington Rd, SE11 6SF at 7pm, Tues 17 Jan. Corner with Brook Drive, opp grounds of Imperial War Museum. Stations are Lambeth North, Kennington, Waterloo & Elephant & Castle. Teams of up to six, entry fee 3pp. Do please came email me to register as team or individual 'spare'.
Cheers
miketully@tiscali.co.uk
Monday 12 December 2011 6.27pm
Hi Mike,

I don't want to seem churlish (particularly after bending your ear about the Three Stags) but, according to the menu at (Grand Union drinks menu) they don't seem to sell beer or cider.

Are you sure it's a pub? And, as an existential question, is it possible to have a pub quiz in a location that's not a pub?

Phil
Monday 12 December 2011 6.36pm
Hi Phil
Well, they certainly sell draught lager. I'm going there tomorrow lunchtime to discuss the launch so I'll check for signs of draught bitter, Guinness and cider. But I'm sure they have a range of bottled beers of all hues. Further to your Three Stags boycott, I will also check the price of a pint of lemonade.
Interesting point about 'pub quiz' but 'bar quiz' doesn't quite have the right ring.
Cheers
Wednesday 14 December 2011 1.20pm
Thanks for checking, Mike.

That's a bit of a chicken and egg situation, isn't it?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: