Southwark parking: a success!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 May 2004 9.12am
This is just a p.s. to an earlier query put out on this subject, hoping for some solidarity which, well, failed.

Southwark have installed a sign, a few centimetres square, on top of a pre-existing post, to mark the Resident's Parking Bay on our street. For years they've been wasting your money and my time by dealing with endless appeals from all sorts of residents over this, and tickets wrongly issued. At least FOUR YEARS to be precise, during which I've parked elsewhere with rare exception or whenever possible, and only got one ticket myself when forced to leave the car overnight, and incidentally outside my door [and with a Permit, of course. Point being that it was POSSIBLE that a new Warden might give out tickets in that slot, so obviously there is only one way to negate that small risk, right?]. During that time different depts within the council had a Do Not Talk To Each Other Policy so the poor dears couldn't manage to get it together. Well they have now, after a recent barrage of phone, letter and appeals procedures complaints across departments.

Personally I find this very very boring, but it's more boring to have to respond to total stupidity and/or flagrant and chronic incompetence isn't it?

So now that Southwark Council will be saving money on our street I look forward to further wonders across the Borough [I put it like that only because this seems to be most people's concern last time I or anyone else mentioned this. It's called 'economisation' ennit?! the only language we share these days apparently].

Success!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: