Crucifix Lane/Shand St Club Parties - help!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Elledeebee Sunday 29 May 2011 2.23am
It's 3:16am and I might as well be hosting the club party across the street in my front room. Its not just a question of loud music (if at least it was any good...) it's the people outside "chatting", the cars honking. And I haven't yet had the pleasure of experiencing the usual chaos that occurs when they start leaving. Oh wait. I take that back. A charming drunken fight just broke up outside my door. Nice. This disruption isn't new mind you but tonight is one of those nights when I've seriously had enough. And yet I have no idea what I can do about it? Any ideas? Thanks....
Pops Sunday 29 May 2011 11.09am
Ring the noise pollution team at Southwark
Elledeebee Sunday 29 May 2011 11.57am
Make sense - will do. Thanks!
Tom Pepper Sunday 29 May 2011 4.49pm
Elledeebee wrote:
And yet I have no idea what I can do about it? Any ideas? Thanks....

Very little Elledeebee if my experience is anything to go by.
Some years back there was a gathering of tall ships near Tower Bridge, they came up the river from all over.
My house is in Rotherhithe, some eighty metres from the river.
I came home mid afternoon to find a car parked on my driveway within two metres of my garage door.
I asked my immediate neighbours if they knew whose car it was but no one knew.
I telephoned the police who arrived within five to ten minutes, their attitude was, "It's obviously someone watching the tall ships, it will be over in around one hour, they will return, problem solved."
I said, "But this is my house, my property, my drive, does that count for nothing?"
They just shrugged.
"I said how about if I tow it off with my taxi?"
That was a different ballgame.
One of the policemen said, "If the owner returns while you are trying that he could accuse you of attempted theft, plus if his vehicle incurs any damage you could rightly be charged with wilful damage and be liable to reimburse the owner for any repairs."
You will just have to suck it up Elledeebee, as my old Dad was wont to say, "C'est la vie dans ce pays stupide."
But then, coming from Toulouse he was full of Gallic witticisms.
Debrajoan Sunday 29 May 2011 10.23pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
Elledeebee wrote:
And yet I have no idea what I can do about it? Any ideas? Thanks....

You will just have to suck it up Elledeebee, as my old Dad was wont to say, "C'est la vie dans ce pays stupide."
But then, coming from Toulouse he was full of Gallic witticisms.

Now I'm sure that means, "That's life in this stupid country."
I just hope that Elledeebee does not take it to mean, "That's life in this country, stupid."
Gwynaethva Monday 30 May 2011 10.18am
Slightly off topic but related to Tom's post - My sister was once parked in by someone at a supermarket. She was on her lunch-break and so was in a rush to return to work. Eventually, after about an hour of waiting, the man parked next to her car returned. They spent about 20 minutes moving her car sideways - well, forward and back - until she could get out through the parking next to her.

So, as revenge, she let down two of the blocking car's tyres and wrote 'hope you don't **** like you park' on their windscreen in lipstick before driving back to work.

Yes, she's somewhat feisty, but I'm pretty sure they would have learnt their lesson!
Tom Pepper Monday 30 May 2011 12.31pm
Gwynaethva wrote:

So, as revenge, she let down two of the blocking car's tyres and wrote 'hope you don't **** like you park' on their windscreen in lipstick before driving back to work.

Yes, she's somewhat feisty, but I'm pretty sure they would have learnt their lesson!

I would be proud to have a sister/daughter/grand-daughter like your sister.
In fact, one of my daughters-in-law would probably do the same thing, except she would have deflated all four tyres!
The offending driver probably didn't learn the lesson, when they are that thick and selfish I doubt anything registers to them.
Oh, and being selfish, they probably do **** like that, if they can find someone as thick as them to join in.
Elledeebee Monday 30 May 2011 6.06pm
Thanks all. Your posts made me smile and help me to take a more philosophical approach to it all. Having said that I have find out via the neighbours who might be responsible so I'm going to go have a friendly neighbourly chat tomorrow and see what they say (apparently they're planning four more parties...). If ever I do get to the point of calling the council I'll let you know how it goes!
PinkStar Wednesday 8 June 2011 11.25am
Heard a rumour that Jacks will be running parties Thursday - Sunday every week..... groan
James B- Wednesday 8 June 2011 2.31pm
Tom - my girlfriend paid (a lot) to have the kerb lowered outside her house. If anyone else parks there she calls the council and they get towed in minutes.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions