Books

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 June 2011 5.54pm
I have 2 boxes of books in very good condition(some almost brand new) which I want to give away.

Any recommendations for a school, charity or other entity?

I will take them to whoever.

Thanks
Friday 3 June 2011 12.46am
What sort of books are they? I know that in the Knowledge & Information Centre on the ground floor of St Thomas' they have a shelf where books are sold for 1 pound each. I'm told they have a trolley taking books round the wards. You could try calling them and asking them if they'd be interested.
Friday 3 June 2011 1.58am
56a Infoshop behind Walworth Rd, close to Strata, is a local community space that runs a free book exchange. Basically people bring a book they have finished and select one they want to take. It's a book swap point really. They take donations of books to keep the exchange supplied...

56a Infoshop
56 Crampton St
Pullens Estate
London SE17 3AE
Monday 6 June 2011 1.58pm
Supposedly there is now a good permanent Book Exchange at Absolutely Starving on 51 Tooley Street.

Only second-hand knowledge, I'm afraid, so I cannot guarantee it's correct, sorry, but if you want to give it a try
Monday 6 June 2011 3.19pm
I usually take books that are in good condition to the Oxfam Bookshop on Stutton Ground in Victoria (just off Victoria St). They welcome donations and it's actually a really nice book store.
Monday 6 June 2011 6.09pm
London School -Borough High St/Sawyer St of- Osteopathy used to take books to sell off cheaply in their foyer
Wednesday 8 June 2011 12.36pm
Thanks all for the input, I will be checking and delivering this Friday.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: