Hiba Restaurant closed from June 1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Monday 6 June 2011 10.36pm
I noticed that the very popular, very good, lebanese restaurant on BHS, near Sainsbury's has a notice in the window saying - closed till further notice' or somesuch.

Anyone know why? A number of times I couldn't get a walk-in table, cos it was full. But each time I went I really liked it. Mystery.
Tuesday 7 June 2011 12.12pm
Terrible shame. It's a couple of months since we've been, but like you, Phoenix, whenever we'd been it had always been busy.

I loved Hiba.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 7 June 2011 2.20pm
i hope it's not permanent. maybe a landlord problem or some such? just speculation on my part tho.

i've been there loads since it opened a few years back and it's always been one of the most reliable propositions in the area: good food, friendly staff, pleasant environment, well priced etc.
Tuesday 7 June 2011 2.34pm
Ask in the Costa Coffee next door - I think the same people own both Hiba and Costa
Tuesday 7 June 2011 11.12pm
Good idea. I will
Wednesday 8 June 2011 9.12am
Refurb
Monday 13 June 2011 8.56am
That usually means closure.
Can't say I will miss it I went twice and first time it was beyond dreadful, second time below average.
Sue
Monday 13 June 2011 10.26am
I'd had a great meal there - shame to lose it. I'd say it looks like it's closed down too, the interior was only a few years old.
Monday 13 June 2011 12.27pm
I ate there once and ordered delivery from there once, too. The food was competent but not very good value; the delivery in particular was very expensive for not much food. Also known as a 'rip-off'.

Ah, what I'd give for a really good, affordable Lebanese restaurant in this area... one can but dream. For the time being, however, my frequent trips to Edgware Road are in no way under threat.
Monday 13 June 2011 3.47pm
I have just called the restaurant and they have advised this restaurant is closed for refurbishment. Will be re-opening again. Will be at least a month before ready. Glad they are re-opening as I enjoy the food at this place, even though I think it's reasonably pricey.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: