3 Network - Shad Thames area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 13 June 2011 10.35am
Hi all

Anyone on the 3 mobile network in and around Shad Thames?

I'm with Vodafone but thinking of switching to 3. I know O2 is dire around here, but how is 3?
Monday 13 June 2011 11.21am
I live near Tower Bridge and have been with 3 for 7 years, never had any problems with signal or connection to internet.
Monday 13 June 2011 12.30pm
Excellent - thanks for feedback Pops!
Monday 13 June 2011 12.57pm
Orange is great in the area as well. I used to be on 3 but I cannot remember how it performed in that area.
Monday 13 June 2011 1.24pm
Thanks for that James.

The reason I am interested in 3 is that they have some good deals at the moment for data contracts.

10 a month for 1Gig - I don't make many calls and data is more important to me.
Monday 13 June 2011 3.36pm
Are you talking mobile phone data or a laptop dongle?
Monday 13 June 2011 5.23pm
Mobile mate - they are hungry beasts now!
Tuesday 14 June 2011 4.51pm
Does abybody know what mobile system works well in Mill st
Tuesday 14 June 2011 9.52pm
I used to work in Lloyds Wharf (Mill Street) and my normally great Vodafone connection was hopeless. And O2 was impossible!
Monday 20 June 2011 6.26am
Hi Boss St Bloke -

I live in a lower floor flat where Queen Elizabeth Street meets Shad Thames. I've been here for 7 years and was with 3 for the last 5 years.

During the last year or so, mobile connectivity has been pretty dire for me both in the flat and generally around the area. It seemed to work pretty well prior to that so I suspect it had something to do with the T-Mobile/Orange merger and that 3 had to remove service from a number of masts it shared with one (both?) of those providers.

I'd hold off signing a contract until you could borrow an unlocked phone (I'd lend you mine, but have just sold it...) and maybe get a PAYG SIM for a week or so to test your connection. A bit costlier for the short term, but will give you a better indication of what a longer contract would look like.

And for the record, I switched to O2 on the basis that colleagues extolled their virtues. Not in my case :-(

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: