Moving away from SE1 and giving away a sofabed!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 June 2011 5.06pm
After several lovely years in SE1 I've had to move house and ended up in North London.
I've now moved all my belonging but have been unable to sell my metal Click Clack style futon sofa bed on Ebay.

(I've looked at British heart foundation online but as it doesn't have it's fire info label I don't think they can take it.)

I wondered if any of you SE1-ers would like to give it a home?
It's in great condition, has a red futon matress and can be made into a double bed, 2 or 3 seater sofa. (I just don't have space for it in my new place)I'd rather see it go to someone to use than get the council to take it to the tip.
It folds down so would prob fit in a big car/Small van but I need it collected by Friday eve at the latest from Tower Bridge Road/Abbey Street area.

Let me know if anyone wants it
Tuesday 14 June 2011 8.41pm
I called the British Heart foundation in OKR and they came to pick up my perfectly good 3-seater sofa (fire safety tag included)yesterday. The drivers took one look and said no because the arms were slightly worn (as I explained to them on the ‘phone.) Sad to say the council are now picking it up and “recycling” it. What a waste.
Wednesday 15 June 2011 12.12pm
Give Freecycle a try...
Thursday 16 June 2011 1.26pm
Thanks ...surprised no one wants it for free as it's in really good condition....
Here's the unsold ebay page if anyone wants to see the photos

EBAY PHOTOS OF SOFA

... it'll be going to the council if not :(

Ps I'm going to miss SE1! I'll need James to set up a N2 website for me to find the local stuff up there!
Thursday 16 June 2011 3.26pm
Why not Freecycle or Freegle like Colinio suggests? If you like I could list it for you. I'll just put whoever asks for it in tough with you. It would be a shame for it to get recycled.
Thursday 16 June 2011 3.34pm
Thanks Beetroot!

That would be great as I don't have a freecycle account. The only prob is they would have to come and collect it tomorrow or Saturday evening. But please list it if you think someone will want it.
Thursday 16 June 2011 3.45pm
OK just to be clear, does the evening bit apply to tomorrow or just Saturday?
How about you PM me your mobile and email. Obviously I won't be posting on the site, just giving them to the first interested person.
I'll link to ebay page in the post.
Thursday 16 June 2011 4.02pm
I've just posted on Southwark Freegle and Freecycle. The Freegle one is waiting moderator approval but I think the Freecycle one will just post.
Thursday 16 June 2011 4.13pm
Thanks for the help - I've sent a PM with my email
Thursday 16 June 2011 6.20pm
We may be interested, how can I get your details, your address etc or phone number?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: