Guy's Hospital today - Three cheers!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 June 2011 10.25pm
Tuesday 14 June 2011 10.47pm
What is this all about, anyway?
I cannot understand why he is having a go..
Can anyone explain?
Wednesday 15 June 2011 12.04am
Hospital policy is for visitors to wards to not wear ties (they dangle and can spread infection) and to have their sleeves rolled up to the elbow (again to prevent infection - you can wash your arms easier than your sleeves)The camera crew and journos had not done either. I'd be bloody annoyed if a bunch of politicos and assorted journos turned up on my ward, too.
Zoe
Wednesday 15 June 2011 6.37am
I hadn't realised that it was at Guys. He was quite right about the ties, but he should probably have added something about their stupid NHS reforms as well.
Wednesday 15 June 2011 8.16am
All right, I see but he completely lost his cool. Just too much of an outburst.
He could have dealt differently with it, this is not a Chuck Norris movie.

I work in hospitals and I can understand his frustration but that was a hell of a go to people who may just have been badly directed or not properly advised by the NHS staff, before filming..

Calm down man.. He is a very good surgeon though, he must have had a very long and hard day..

Having said that I would also advise NHS medics NOT to go out and around with the phonendoscope around their neck (which is very... very fashionable a the moment). It ends up on coffee tables, tills areas a so on. It is so not hygienic...

Not to talk about wearing the gown outside the unit to go for lunch break.. I think sleeves up are all right but their is a lot more to do.
Thursday 16 June 2011 12.52pm
I expect NHS consultants will require an additional 20 k a year to wash their hands. They have the world's best Union, when it come to extracting public money.
Thursday 16 June 2011 1.37pm
Possibly 1 step behind Bob Crow and the RMT
Saturday 18 June 2011 11.47am
Fair comment about Bob Crowe - he is loathsome, and is thus less effective than the smoothies at the BMA.

But both put customers / patients last, imho.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: