World's ugliest buildings - one at Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 16 June 2011 11.33am
Just spotted the giant monster of a building at Elephant is listed on MSN today as one of the world's ugliest buildings:
http://travel.uk.msn.com/adventure-travel/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=158240353&page=1
Thursday 16 June 2011 12.46pm
Brilliant! Obviously it would never happen but I wish they would take it down, it's so unbelievably ugly. It looks like something from a bad sci-fi tv show. Recognition of it's ugliness does cheer me up a bit though. I find it quite disturbing that enough people shared such bad taste that it got built.
Thursday 16 June 2011 4.51pm
ah well, and they said the shopping center was the ugliest building in London so at least we're being consistent around here and really doing ugly properly!
Thursday 16 June 2011 5.38pm
Well I love it :p

That article also includes the Shard, Buckingham Palace...

How anyone can come to elephant and pick strata as the ugly one i'll never understand.... That's not true, I understand that they never come to the elephant.

Thursday 16 June 2011 5.47pm
Well the Shard is great.
It's not that Strata is the ugliest thing about the Elephant, but at least the other things are old. Even the shopping centre looks good in photos from when it was built.
Thursday 16 June 2011 9.35pm
I love the Razor! I think it's very cool and distinct. I was actually standing on the Thames Path this morning in the rain and looking at E&C in the distance. It's recognizable at the slightest glance from a vast distance. You can easily spot it from a plane, too! I can see why it might not be everyone's cup of tea because it's so in-your-face, but a sleek skyscraper is not the 'ugliest' building even at the E&C roundabout, nevermind Southwark, London, the UK, much less the WORLD! The author is an idiot, anyways, since when was the Unfinished Cathedral in Barcelona 'ugly'.

We should be proud to have a skyscraper at E&C!
Thursday 16 June 2011 9.38pm
^ [Like]
Thursday 16 June 2011 10.30pm
'Highgrove, provided Prince Charles was in it at the time'

Stephen Bayley, design guru, when asked what building he would like to see demolished
Friday 17 June 2011 3.38pm
Spoke months ago with one of the junior architects of the studio that lead the design of the whole structure plus interiors, and recognized that they did not do a great job at all.

We were BBQuing but she was not drunk at the moment..:)

I love the crane that extrudes from the top though.. Who dares to work on that thing hundreds of meters from the ground??
Friday 17 June 2011 4.27pm
orione wrote:
Spoke months ago with one of the junior architects of the studio that lead the design of the whole structure plus interiors, and recognized that they did not do a great job at all.
We were BBQuing but she was not drunk at the moment..:)

That's actually a bit reassuring.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: