Credit where it's due

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 May 2004 7.49pm
I know it's been the subject of discussion before, but thought I'd pass on some good service news about property managers for once! Whilst there are some seriously dodgy ones around, we appear to have found a very good one! Her name is Grainne (pronounced "Gronyah") and she works for Atkinson Mcleod. We've been looking for a 2 brm flat in SE1, and we've seen some absolute shockers! After a long tale of missed appointments, being shown flats you wouldn't be happy to let your dog live in, wrong information, 75 a week over budget etc etc etc, Grainne is a breath of fresh air.

She's shown us exactly what we've asked to see, never been late and has gone well above and beyond the call of duty in looking for places for us - nor has she ever even looked like we're annoying her, unlike some! Not to mention that she seems to strike a really good balance between juggling the interests of both landlord and tenants. Must say I'm a bit amazed to find myself heaping praise on a real estate company - but, credit where it's due! Just a pity they don't have a branch in Oz so they could rent out our place there for us!!!! And before anyone asks...no, I don't have any connections with them other than as a happy customer!
Thursday 6 May 2004 8.55am
Claire -
Great news that you've found such a +ve person in such a -ve industry [a broad generalisation, I know, but there you are].

What caught my eye was your comment about renting out your place in Oz. Can I ask where ?

I may be moving to Perth and I'm interested !
rm
Thursday 6 May 2004 8.59am
have you found somewhere claire?
Thursday 6 May 2004 2.56pm
It looks like we've found somewhere today - fingers crossed! It's in the Maltings, just off T'bridge Road, and very nice.

Can't really help I'm sorry, G00se - it's in Redcliffe, near Brisbane, so would be a bit much of a commute! Lucky you, moving to Perth. Don't know if you've done much research yet, but the agent's I'd try over there would be Ray White Real Estate and L.H. Hooker initially.

Cheers
Claire
Thursday 6 May 2004 3.03pm
Claire -
You're a star ! Tnx !
rm
Thursday 6 May 2004 3.39pm
i'm moving out soon and my 2 bed has just gone on the market if it doesn't work out.........

(edge of Shad Thames)
Monday 10 May 2004 12.51pm
Thanks rm - hopefully we'll hear today if we've got the place. Is yours two bed/two bath?
rm
Monday 10 May 2004 12.57pm
yes. lovely bright and airy.

just let me know.

good luck though - hope you get it!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: