Kipling Street blocked by fallen branches

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 19 June 2011 7.19am
Was there a storm last night? Coming home this morning there were branches, bins and rubbish strewn about.
Sunday 19 June 2011 9.49am
The rubbish, at least the newspapers on the Snowsfields side was thrown from the multi-story by three kids. I asked them if they did it as they came out and they guiltily said 'no'. Better than saying 'yes' I suppose. I'd like to think the branch was from the wind.
Sunday 19 June 2011 10.14am
It might be something more worrying:

http://www.ltoa.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=28

I was actually looking for confirmation that Plane trees drop branches due to stress.
Sunday 19 June 2011 10.17am
Tolstoy wrote:
It might be something more worrying:
http://www.ltoa.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=28

I was actually looking for confirmation that Plane trees drop branches due to stress.

That is very worrying! I now almost hope it was vandals who did this for some twisted reason. The lesser of 2 evils I guess.
Sunday 19 June 2011 10.59am
Crikey 'tis a bit scarey, they are all over the place in London, there is a massive one over a bus stop just opposite where I live..wonder what stresses them out?
Zoe
Sunday 19 June 2011 11.31am
That is worrying, however I suspect this branch was because of the really high winds that we had yesterday, along with the hailstones and thunder and lightning. Some of the gusts of wind were really strong.
Sunday 19 June 2011 12.10pm
I agree it was probably due to the weather, but nonetheless. Trees suffer stress for a variety of reasons but I had in mind the lack of water as a possible cause. It makes sense for a large tree to lose a limb in order to conserve energy.
Thursday 23 June 2011 8.27am
This morning in Camberwell (near coldharbor lane) two trees with very similar problems. Big branches fell on the street. I don't remember last night being very windy.

I took a pic but I wasn't able to upload it. (can anyone give me a tip on how to upload pics?)
Friday 5 August 2011 7.20am
Another very similar case this morning on Avonmouth Street.
Friday 5 August 2011 11.39am
We're loosing four trees on Rockingham Street - all diseased apparently. I just hope they replace them!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: