SE1 apartment sales in Hong Kong

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 20 June 2011 11.06am

Direct sales of a new SE1 development "off-plan" to investors in Hong Kong!
Monday 20 June 2011 11.12am
You can reach key districts including Bond Street... within 10 minutes

By helicopter no doubt, though I'm not sure were you'd land.
Monday 20 June 2011 11.41am
I suspect that's the plaform to platform journey on the Jubilee Line, which is exactly 10 minutes.

Never mind that it'll take ten minutes to walk to the station, five to get to the platform, 3 to wait for the train, 4 to get out at bond street :)
Monday 20 June 2011 11.44am
About 5-7 yrs ago, I remember seeing Metro Central Heights advertised in a HK paper.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 20 June 2011 11.52am
Metro Central was heavily marketed in HK as it was completing prior to the UK handover, when many HKers wished to leave. The success of that strategy has evidently influenced developers (including brookfield at strata). It's also very much easier to get financing in asia at the moment.
Monday 20 June 2011 12.20pm
They've been flogging apartments at Neo Bankside over there too:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 20 June 2011 12.46pm
I suspect that's the platform to platform journey on the Jubilee Line, which is exactly 10 minutes.

I'm not certain people buying into these kinds of properties are likely to be fapping about with an Oyster Card, but I take your point.
Monday 20 June 2011 2.24pm
That's not a very usual search for HK investors; advertised in TheStandard with the presentation in the LKF Hotel. Not really tapping the Market unless you use SCMP and hold a reception in the Mandarin!!

Quite surprising really considering it's only a 9 unit development. When I was shuttling back and forth in 2005/6 I was surprised that the Tanneries, as it was then marketed, on the corner of Weston Street and Long Lane was being sold in Centeal. The Park Pkaza was sold as an aparthotel in One Westminster Bridge which carries prestige.

Not sure I would want to be locked into such a small development on the other side of the world. HK investors are used to significant staged payments during construction (unlike UK buyers who'll pay a deposit only) so that there is a greater financing benefit for the developer. Hence the attraction. Absence of capital gains tax also helps for the early flip!
Monday 20 June 2011 2.37pm
In 1997 when the British were getting out of Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Chinese were very anxious about what would happen with the mainland China takeover, they were more than keen to get their money out to London or Vancouver. Metro Central Heights was marketed to them as being "just around the corner from Covent Garden". We do indeed have a lot of Chinese people in MCH but how many are opera fans I dont know...but it's a lot of corners to Covent Garden that's for sure.
Monday 20 June 2011 4.45pm
The Far East is prime hunting ground for developers seeking to sell prime/super-prime property. China particularly so.

With recent political developments in the Middle East, that area is also proving a very fruitful source of funds.

Several recent articles in the property press attest to this.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: