Floppy discs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 21 June 2011 11.59am
I have a significant amount of old files saved on floppy disc (from some time ago!). I would really like to access these and am wondering if anyone knows of a facility (local if at all possible) where I could get files transferred to a format that is more in line with the 21st century?
Tuesday 21 June 2011 12.19pm
If there is one, the service might cost more than this.
Tuesday 21 June 2011 1.53pm
Oh s*** Beetroot, I never knew anything like that existed, I actually put finger to key ten years ago and wrote a good few short stories...threw the discs away a couple of years ago....:-( should have a few more brains like Peterroe....
Tuesday 21 June 2011 3.03pm
That's awful Jan but I bet you'd be surprised how much came back if you just started writing them again. Just start typing any scrap you can remember.
Tuesday 21 June 2011 7.46pm
Beetroot's right, Jan. I write for a living and I know you can drag things up from your mental memory banks years after you first laid them down. Hope you'll have a go :)
Wednesday 22 June 2011 10.55am
Thank you kids, after seeing auto biographies written by cherly cole,stacey etc., I may well write my boting life history starting with the earliest memories living in a lovely georgian house, sharing it with the rats and the nutty old lady downstairs!
Wednesday 22 June 2011 12.18pm
Jan, can I ask you a question? I remember talking to a lady once, who remembered her nan brewing tea and frying kippers over the fire in her flat in the Old Kent Rd. before the second world war. Do you know if many people cooked on open fires then? The lady said she thought her nan had kept it up till she died in the early nineteen-fifties.
Wednesday 22 June 2011 3.29pm
aoibhneas wrote:
Beetroot's right, Jan. I write for a living and I know you can drag things up from your mental memory banks years after you first laid them down. Hope you'll have a go :)

Second that. I write (albeit not really for a living) and it's amazing what comes back even when you think somethign is lost forever.

Now, come on Jan, get your what's its in gear, I've seen your (and others) stories about grwoing up in SE1 - there's a whole book there!

PS - I even help you write it as long as I get to hear the stories!
Wednesday 22 June 2011 4.40pm
I did offer to record your stories if its of any help, though talking through memories is different to writing them but it might be a useful prompt.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: