Market rumour

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 26 June 2011 1.52pm
I heard that some of the borough Market management had been handed their notice, I don't know any more though. Does anyone know if this is true?
Sunday 26 June 2011 2.08pm
I have heard that Peter Wilkinson has sent a letter to each of the Borough 8 asking for talks with a view to readmitting them to the market. That is definitely true. The traders will be meeting him as a Group.

A fainter rumour is that certain management have been sacked. Not sure if this is true so I will not post the names I was given .
Sunday 26 June 2011 4.17pm
I fear the management sacking rumour is misplaced and, even if true, it will be some sap at the bottom of the heap who gets the bullet whilst Wilkinson and Reagon continue on their merry way. Interesting to see what the Bermondsey 8 do. After all, they said they would only return to BM if Wilkinson shuffled off.
Monday 27 June 2011 2.04pm
I agree that this is interesting. Hope we'll hear facts via this thread. It seems to me that, given the community nature of the market, and its charity status, the community should be kept aware of what's happening.
Monday 27 June 2011 3.04pm
It would be nice to have more detail on this, James?
Monday 27 June 2011 3.36pm
If those traders are to be invited to renew their pitches it will be an extremely positive step by BM, and one that residents in the area who use the market would strongly support.
Tuesday 28 June 2011 11.20pm
For Wilkinson wanting to "hold talks" with the Bermondsey 8 would suggest that he has a bargaining position.The reality however is that he and "his management team" have screwed up big time and are now looking at damage limitation.
One wonders if the management staff of his train company had handled a situation so badly, he would have stood by them as he appears to be doing with the BM staff? I suspect not.The BM's reputation has been severely damaged by this whole affair and what should happen is that the Trustees should be talking to the Bermondsey 8, whilst jettisoning Wilkinson and his underlings for misjudging things so badly.
Even if the 8 were to return, the relationship between the current management and traders has been irrevocably damaged.
Incidentally,well done to the 8 for insisting that they talk to Wilkinson as a group. In my opinion, the sending of individual letters to the 8, rather than one letter to the group was an attempt to divide and conquer.
Wednesday 29 June 2011 8.44am
More please pieces of eight. What have you heard exactly?
Wednesday 29 June 2011 7.13pm
Pieces of Eight. Get off me! At once.

You are amongst those who joined the forum immediately after the BM issue. With you Anontrader and several others. So you clearly have a reason to spring this more and more.. And it HAS BEEN CLEAR during this period of silence.

I have not taken part to the discussion. Just read. And I will not. When I posted on the Greensmith thread there were immediately other posts by you and Edward Woodward making assumptions. The moderator did not see these. And I did not react to them. They are still there..

Now. Once forever. I do not know what you ultimate aim is and what is your identity, but stop sectioning my posts and making assumptions over my words and purposes.

You are probably the least direct of all us here. But it is not my business to investigate.
You can keep pouring ethanol on fire...
Wednesday 29 June 2011 7.37pm
orione wrote:
Pieces of Eight. Get off me! At once.
You are amongst those who joined the forum immediately after the BM issue. With you Anontrader and several others. So you clearly have a reason to spring this more and more.. And it HAS BEEN CLEAR during this period of silence.

I have not taken part to the discussion. Just read. And I will not. When I posted on the Greensmith thread there were immediately other posts by you and Edward Woodward making assumptions. The moderator did not see these. And I did not react to them. They are still there..

Now. Once forever. I do not know what you ultimate aim is and what is your identity, but stop sectioning my posts and making assumptions over my words and purposes.

You are probably the least direct of all us here. But it is not my business to investigate.
You can keep pouring ethanol on fire...

Oh please Orione, stop playing the victim. My comment regarding the Greensmiths thread had absolutely nothing to do with you and was posted half in jest regarding the perplexing BM "uniqueness" schtick that Wilkinson was peddling a couple of weeks ago. What would the reason be for the moderator to remove my post. All threads have a habit of evolving and going off on tangents (remember, Orione, your first post regarding the BM trader eviction thread was about hot food at BM and did not even mention the evictees).
I have no "aim" Orione. I'm just somebody with a bit of time on their hands who likes to post my opinions on my local forum; same as you really.
My apologies for joining after the BM situation arose. I had absolutely no idea that there were strict rules relating to when one can choose to post on the forum.
You don't know me, I don't know you. C'est la vie.
In conclusion, my (and others) opinions on the BM have nothing to do with you and I'm sorry if that dents your sense of self importance.
I shall continue to post on the BM and I shall respond to your (and others) posts in a measured fashion if I disagree with them. It's called "discourse".
Good evening to you.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: