Lupin Point is on fire!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 28 June 2011 1.27pm
Just saw from the office clouds of smoke coming out of Lupin Point on Jamaica Road. Is anyone nearby? Looks like the top 5 floors!
Tuesday 28 June 2011 1.31pm
I can see it from my window. Heard the bang when the lightening hit it and looked out.

Looks like just one flat is burning. It's about the fourth floor down from the top. Lightening hit the balcony.
I hope they were out.

All the emergency services are here.
Tuesday 28 June 2011 1.34pm
We just saw that from Guys tower.....and me and hubby went to view a flat in that block last night!! How spooky??
Tuesday 28 June 2011 1.39pm
Davies wrote:

All the emergency services are here.

All of them? God forbid that anything happens anywhere else.
Tuesday 28 June 2011 1.40pm
There was a lot of stuff stored on the balcony that was hit. I guess some of it was metal or metal framed and attracted the strike.
I really hope they are all alright.
Tuesday 28 June 2011 1.47pm
What I find very interesting is that the fire was raging for a good 15 mins before the emergency services arrived. Thank god it was raining heavily as this would have helped a bit.

Lets hope it's nothing like that Peckham fire.
Tuesday 28 June 2011 1.58pm
I'm not sure it was as long as 15 minutes. I called them a minute or so after the bang and when I got through they were aware of the fire. I can't see the road though and it was about ten minute more before I went out to look and they were all there then. Road barricaded fire engines on site etc.

Seems to be out now but the rain must have helped.
Tuesday 28 June 2011 2.20pm
i have photos, but have no idea how to link them up
Tuesday 28 June 2011 2.26pm
And the wonder of the internet

Lupin Point Fire
Wednesday 29 June 2011 3.02pm
A camera that was filming a timelapse of the adjacent Bermondsey Spa building site also captured the fire:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: