Change in parking permits

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 April 2002 1.44pm
Having moved last year from Lambeth to Southwark I was horrified to find you couldn't obtain visitor permits - phone calls and letters concerning this received little response. So I was delighted to hear that they're now introducing them.

However, this news arrived with notification that the permit zone is to be split into two smaller zones - a significant decrease in value for money! Whatsmore, since the leaflet was very unclear as to whether or not this meant residents with current permits had to obtain new ones - I called the office. The answer - yes you do...and just in case you thought that since you'd paid up for the year they'd send you a replacement, think again, it's up to you to find a moment to pop along to the office to exchange your existing permit for a new one before 29th April.

They better not give me a parking ticket while I'm in the office!!
Thursday 11 April 2002 10.59am
I am able to obtain a visitor parking perimt for my area (Tabbard Gardens Estate). I have been caught out by the clamping firm twice. They are not providing a service but are out to screw as much cash as possible from all situations.
Friday 12 April 2002 3.22pm
My neighbourhood office (Alfred Salter) do provide visitor permits for around 10. Worth it, as the clamper van does come around and have no hesitiation in clamping you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: