Borough Market fans...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 29 June 2011 12.52pm
Does your week begin with a countdown to your next visit to Borough Market?
Do you not mind queuing for 30 minutes just to get a taste of those ostrich and kangaroo burgers?
Is your food philosophy something like 'the more bizarre, the better'?

If you're a foodie and you tend to walk on the wild side when it comes to your food choices, you might be interested in participating in a focus group study with the London School of Economics. Participants will be compensated 10 for their contribution.

For more info, you can email me (Erica) at with 'FOOD' in the subject line.
Wednesday 29 June 2011 1.05pm
You are not scanning our brain after intravenous injections of pork belly, are you? :)
Wednesday 29 June 2011 1.22pm
Mangosteen83 i take it you are up to speed with the various recent postings on here regarding the market..!???
Wednesday 29 June 2011 1.29pm
haha, no physical consumption -- intravenous or otherwise -- will be required. just discussion. :-p
Wednesday 29 June 2011 1.34pm
Bermondsey fans are welcome too! (Was trying to be general in the subject title.)
Wednesday 29 June 2011 2.29pm
Ha! You might want to start your research reading the following forty pages of locals views toward the market, then consider if this is the best place for people interested in...'the more bizarre, the better'?
Wednesday 29 June 2011 3.01pm
Why every thread has to be mixed or hijacked with that one over the BM dispute?

London SE1 website has 10400 followers.. I think she did the right thing to advertise here. Right?

Maybe we should just take this post for what it is?:
People intersted in food who want to partecipate to a survey...
Wednesday 29 June 2011 3.47pm
At the risk of encouraging you Orione, wouldn't you consider those views relevant to any research conducted into the market's future, including the nature of the food it sells?
Wednesday 29 June 2011 4.26pm
Myself? I don't know. I think it would be quite an assumption to make. I am not a trained economist and I do not know the details of the research. I would rather know instead.
Moreover other 10000 people can have their different opinions on the general subject of the research..

I also found it very refreshing not to talk about that for quite a bit and to read instead somebody else's posts. Very telling. Like some attempts to highjack other threads to that subject that it is now like parsley, put everywhere!
Wednesday 29 June 2011 5.34pm
I'm sure the 10,000 people you speak of, though I'm not sure where you're getting that figure from, will be hopping at the chance to have their say and will respond in kind to the email address provided, but I would hope and expect any research company to be aware of the background under which that research is being undertaken even if only to consider bias in the responses, which thereby makes highlighting the issues to date of relevance.

The 'wacky' tone of the questions presented doesn't hold out much hope in that favour however.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: