Exotic car sightings in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 30 June 2011 2.01pm
Black Bugatti Veyron parked at a jaunty angle in The Circle, Queen Elizabeth Street.
Thursday 30 June 2011 2.02pm
If I had a Bugatti Veyron, it would always be parked at a jaunty angle :)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Thursday 30 June 2011 2.27pm
It was there a couple of weeks ago as well. German number plate, right?
Thursday 30 June 2011 2.50pm
Always some decent motors around there, exclusive car hire business I think.
Thursday 30 June 2011 2.53pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
German number plate, right?

Yuppa - and all black. Got a close look - has the carbon fibre detail on the doors and roof. Everyone walking past was taking a photo. I tried to walk up to it with a care free air as if it was mine - did not work!
Thursday 30 June 2011 3.20pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

Yuppa - and all black. Got a close look - has the carbon fibre detail on the doors and roof. Everyone walking past was taking a photo. I tried to walk up to it with a care free air as if it was mine - did not work!

To be convincing you do need to walk up to it and be able to get in without the aid of a crowbar.
Thursday 30 June 2011 3.48pm
I hung around trying to see who owned the beast - hoping it was a young lady looking for a seat cover for the afternoon.

No such luck - I just looked like an envious sad bloke who relies on the bus.
Thursday 30 June 2011 6.03pm
There was a Mclaren Mercedes Stirling Moss parked outside the Island Cafe on Southwark Bridge Road last year... one of 75. Weird location to leave such a special car.

Sorry to be negative, but Veyrons don't feel quite as special any more, originally they said they'd only make 60!
Thursday 30 June 2011 6.39pm
janefs wrote:
Boss St Bloke wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

To be convincing you do need to walk up to it and be able to get in without the aid of a crowbar.

When I saw it, I considered faking a call on my mobile and speak English with a German accent but realised that my mobile is faaaaaar too cheap an ordinary for someone who can afford a Veyron, so I took a picture instead... Normally when you see a car like that it's all showroom sparkling clean and shiny. This guy obviously drove it up from Germany as it had all the motorway dust and dead flies stuck to it. Must be a cool drive in a car like that. One of my fave movie moments is the opening of The English Job, the Miura in the mountains. I usually switch channel just before it enters that tunnel though...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: