Doctors Surgeries Are you happy with yours?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 30 June 2011 9.14pm
This is my opinion of two surgeries that may help people in the area seeking one or to change one. I recently changed mine from Grange Road Practise to Parker's Row as wasn't happy with Grange Road anymore. Baring in mind that this is just my opinion and opinions do vary, what may be suitable for me may not work for another. But here goes.

Grange Road Surgery. 2 out of 3 doctors around there are rather dismissive of patient concerns, and they don't seem to want to refer you when you request it. Unless they really have to. I had to argue the point to get an Xray on my back to see what happened to it as its very painful, and also for a heart echo scan, which I never got the heart echo scan. You have to practically argue with them to get a referral. And the surgery lost my Mother In Laws hospital paperwork for her heart medications, luckily brother in law had a copy of this himself. The other doctor there she seemed to be good and listened and cared but I only saw her once and then left this practise as she was hard to get appointments with anyway, and the other doctors I felt rather let down and very unsupported by them.

Parkers Row Practise I recently joined them. I have seen 3 doctors so far and had my first appointment with the Osteopath for my back pain. 2 Doctors there have been very good to me so far and listened to my concerns and also got me the tests I wanted to do with my health. I am so relieved that finally I will have a heart echo scan cause my ankles and legs have fluid in them, as heart slight enlargement.
Friday 1 July 2011 10.07am
I moved recently from Princess St Group practice to Waterloo health and have been more than happy thus far.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Friday 1 July 2011 10.53am
red_bus wrote:
I moved recently from Princess St Group practice to Waterloo health and have been more than happy thus far.

I too am looking to move from Princess St. but was unsure which other catchment area I may be in (living just off the southern end of Blackfriars Rd.): Colombo St or Waterloo (that's in Lower Marsh?). I gather both are considered good, and certainly better than Princess St. Delighted to hear their lists are open.
Friday 1 July 2011 11.23am
We love Princess Street, they are efficient, pleasant, and responsible.
Friday 1 July 2011 11.30am
I have had both Good and beyond disgraceful negligent treatment at Princes St. Think alot depends on your individuel GP I moved from one to another to another with in the practice. Most of the reception staff very helpful and nice with the odd exception!
Friday 1 July 2011 12.04pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
We love Princess Street, they are efficient, pleasant, and responsible.

Me to. It has changed alot of the years and have they do have lots of new doctors in and out, so can be very hit and miss of who you see.
Friday 1 July 2011 1.20pm
I agree with Laywriter1968 about the Grange Road practice: While some of the staff are good and some others very good, two of the three doctors are poor. Being qualified sometimes doesn’t mean being good at what you do.
In the best interests of the local community, GRP should replace them.
The Artesian Health Centre across the road is a world apart: Highly recommended.
Friday 1 July 2011 1.24pm
I can higly recomment Blackfriars Medical Centre on Columbo Street.
Doctors/Nurses are very good and your appointment is always on time.
Friday 1 July 2011 1.47pm
Thank you, SJS22.

On the back of that I just looked at the Colombo St website and it (bravely) has reviews. All the doctors seem praiseworthy but almost all the reviews say the reception staff are dreadful.

I'd really like to hear your opinion on that because part (I emphasise part) of the reason I want to move from Princess St is the attitude of some of the reception staff.
Friday 1 July 2011 2.31pm
Doctors receptionists generally seem to regard themselves as the first line of defence against someone getting to see a GP, rather than as a facilitator easing the process for a worried 'customer' seeking medical care.

However, it is a very poorly paid role, and some of the patients they have to deal with can behave appallingly, or be extremely difficult to help when they don't understand the protocols or language. Not an excuse, but maybe an explanation.

To undertake that job you need to be multi-lingual, have brilliant multi-tasking skills and have the patience of Mother Theresa, but you will certainly not be held in such high regard!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: