Day out of London suggestions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 2 July 2011 8.40am
Hello all,

I was wondering if people could share their favourite days out. For the first time in a while I have Sunday off with my partner and the weather is fantastic. Normally we go out to Kent but has anyone got other suggestions that they like to do?
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.13am
Brighton?
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.21am
Nah! Always en up there x
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.39am
Hampton Court Palace.
Saturday 2 July 2011 9.57am
Why spend half the day travelling in this heat. Head for the zoo.
Zoe
Saturday 2 July 2011 10.38am
The queue at the zoo was loonnngg last week, so get there early. Tesco vouchers are good value to get in, as it's 20.
Saturday 2 July 2011 2.21pm
Syon House? not too far train to Kew Bridge, come out of station cross road and a short bus ride away ( and i mean short)they have moved the lovely old butterfly house.
They have a Enchanted Wood which is lit by 1000 lights, also archeological dig there at moment, go on website for more events. When I was fit and able I loved the house and grounds...:-(
Saturday 2 July 2011 3.40pm
Southend? or maybe Hastings (some great walks around there).
Saturday 2 July 2011 8.57pm
Great suggestions. I'd like a day out with you jan. You sound like my kind of lady!
Sunday 3 July 2011 10.21am
Julia I first took my grand-daughter there when she was about 7, we ended up eventually in the Butterfly House , the pair of us were entranced by all the butterflies flying around, and when several landed on my flowered blouse my grand-daughter thought I had some magic special powers..needless to say i did not disuade her! She had her moment when she held her tiny fingers under a leaf that a butterfly has just landed on, and with a gentle push from her other hand made the butterfly walk onto her finger! It looked like she had a budgie perched on it...the smirk on her face as she was showing any other child was a true joy to behold..
Trouble is the little madam did not want to come out and as the butterfly house was home to all exotic species was like a flipping sauna three hours later I emerged with stringy wet hair dripping down my cheeks, she? she looked as fresh as a daisy!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: