Tate spider moves up a floor

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 7 May 2004 6.45pm
Dropped in on the way home this evening.

Wasn't this on the ground floor a couple of years ago ?

And the finished 'head to head'

Can't wait for the Edward Hopper exhibition on 27th May.
I have 6 Hopper prints. One of my favourite artists. Really lonely scenes. Yes, lonely
Friday 7 May 2004 7.00pm
Here's a picture from May 2000:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 7 May 2004 7.16pm
interesting that the ads on this site seem to synchronise with whatever we write. So for example at the top of the page are currently ads for Edward Hopper prints, because Phoney mentioned that.

I assume that if we wrote 'international arms trade' we might get ads matched to that......?

<waits for ads>
Friday 7 May 2004 7.19pm
My memory must be slipping. I could have sworn it was on the ramp on the ground floor in 2000.
Friday 7 May 2004 9.15pm

There were big metal installations on the ground floor by her then - 'I Do, I Undo, I Redo'. ...they were fantastic.
Friday 7 May 2004 11.53pm
How do you account for the ads for a 'compactor/baler' and free waste audit ???
Saturday 8 May 2004 9.42am
that came in after I mentioned 'international arms trade'...

I notice that the thread on electricians has ads for electrical goods, and the one on the Hartley has ads for pub-related stuff.

let's try another couple.

yoo-hooo....let's see those ads roll in..
Sunday 9 May 2004 2.56pm
Tate Press Release

"Louise Bourgeois' extraordinary sculpture Maman (Mother) returns to Tate Modern on 1 May 2004.
Tate Modern has the opportunity to show the work once again on the bridge across the Turbine Hall. Maman represents a female spider who carries her white marble eggs beneath her. Made of steel the sculpture stands nine metres (thirty feet) high and has a legspan of ten metres. The climactic work of a series of spiders made through the 1990s, Maman accesses Bourgeois' childhood anxieties and preoccupation with family relationships. Tate has been storing the sculpture for Louise Bourgeois and is planning a major exhibition of her work in 2007."

Post edited (09 May 04 20:22)
Sunday 9 May 2004 11.24pm
can any one tell me how to drag pictures in to message board

thank you

Post edited (09 May 04 23:27)
Sunday 9 May 2004 11.31pm

Assuming the pictures are already on a web server, you just need to put the url in an image tag like this:

[img ]http://my.web.space/myphoto.jpg[/img ]

(I have inserted extra spaces before the closing bracket to enable you to see the code, so ignore those)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: