Any News?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 July 2011 9.55pm
Any updates on the Borough Market situation? Have any of the management and/or trustees done the decent thing and buggered off? Any news gratefully received.
Saturday 9 July 2011 10.27pm
Wonder how the meeting went with mr wilkinson for the evicted seven? Are they back at borough ?
Monday 11 July 2011 9.55am
has anyone else heard that at Borough Market the Trustees have removed Wilkinson after an angry meeting between a Trustee and the management team late last week?
Monday 11 July 2011 2.52pm
No, but I think we should be told!
Monday 11 July 2011 3.02pm
I have been contacted by more than one person to say that the rumour reported in tictac's post is completely untrue.

Please could people be very careful about posting unsubstantiated rumours on this forum.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 11 July 2011 5.40pm
James Hatts wrote:
I have been contacted by more than one person to say that the rumour reported in tictac's post is completely untrue.
Please could people be very careful about posting unsubstantiated rumours on this forum.

Wishful thinking,I'm afraid tictac.Of course, with the reputational damage that this issue has caused, Wilkinson and Reagon should step aside. The fact that they are stil there highlights their supreme arrogance and the complete ineffectiveness of the spineless trustees.
The BM community event a couple of Sundays ago was I assume, an attempt to recover some kudos. Strange then that the Managing Director of BM apparently did not attend!As I said, supreme arrogance.
Tuesday 12 July 2011 7.09am
"Strange then that the Managing Director of BM apparently did not attend!As I said, supreme arrogance"

He was there briefly I saw him myself.
Tuesday 12 July 2011 1.34pm
nigel wrote:
"Strange then that the Managing Director of BM apparently did not attend!As I said, supreme arrogance"
He was there briefly I saw him myself.
Hello Nigel, that would have been the chairman Wilkinson you saw. The MD is a woman (Reagon) and I have been reliably informed that she did not appear. Tension in the boardroom perhaps? Make no mistake, it would have been Wilkinson and not Reagon who come up with this eviction idea. Maybe he's trying to distance himself from the decision and lay it at Reagon's feet. Interesting times indeed at BM
Tuesday 12 July 2011 6.29pm
That's a duh on my part.As for new traders in Jubilee market I notice a new trader selling Comte cheese,seems.a.touch cynical to replace like for like

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: